web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
The header pretty much says it all. My WAN attached endpoints and softphones have dial tone, touch tone, can call an extension/phone number and hear it ring. But when the call is answered, no voice can be heard. My network guys says all of the required ports are open.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Because you say ports I suspect you are nat'd you need your nat address in the 5000 or you have no audio try 6000 connection group and add nat address
Randy

OP Offline
You'll love this. I tried every NAT combination (our firewall doesn't like anything but itself maintaining NAT control). I tried changing the Auto/Native/NAT settings. Nothing worked. All programmable settings for the softphone and endpoint were identical to other endpoints on the system. I copied all settings from a random endpoint and copied them to the softphone and endpoint connected by WAN. Voila! They worked. There was something, not available in the programming, that wasn't working. Go figure.

Good to know next time I run into one I'll try a Copy / paste. Had a new 86XX IP phone give me the same issues today came right up but no audio, after dbl and tripple checks finally a second reboot of the phone fixed it? Don't think I'll sleep well for a few days have no doubt it will come back and bite me next time it resets

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 93 guests, and 235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024