web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
OP Offline
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
So i got a call from one of my old customers who bought a system for their home and have two doorphones.

I searched through the manual but figured i would ask here as well. Is there any option to have the doorphone keep ringing or is it just the initial ding dong?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

What system? Partner? None other than replacing the doorphones with ones that connect to a trunk port and will act like any incoming call. Check Viking.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
OP Offline
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Originally Posted by hbiss
What system? Partner? None other than replacing the doorphones with ones that connect to a trunk port and will act like any incoming call. Check Viking.

-Hal

I'm clearly a bit rusty! It's an ACS and i went over initially for multiple issues which all turned out to be nothing and somehow the Doorphone programming came up. Somehow he thought i had told him it could keep ringing.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Instead of programming as a door phone, you could make it a hotline station, with a calling group as the destination. The call would ring until answered or the door phone times out.

I've done stupid things like make the destination an extension looped to a CO port, taken the CO port out of Auto Line Select and given it a unique ring tone.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
What TTT describes is how I am able to connect two Avaya door phones to my church's Merlin Magix. smile

I Love FEATURE 00
Originally Posted by Touch Tone Tommy
I've done stupid things like make the destination an extension looped to a CO port, taken the CO port out of Auto Line Select and given it a unique ring tone.

Not so stupid. That's a good workaround (if you have the spare trunk and extension ports) so that you can know which doorphone is calling using the existing doorphones instead of replacing them with ones that will work directly with trunk ports. The end result is the same.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024