web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Has anyone else run into a challenge with these phones and hearing aides? I have a doctor with hearing aides that can not hear on these phones. Turns out the magnet is in the handset. Vertical said they haven't heard of this before. Funny. They suggested changing the phone with an older model that has a hookswitch. I did and he can hear fine now. Changed it with a 9030, which is stinking discontinued. Of course the doc hates it. Nothing like the 9240 which he likes.

Hurry up and wait...
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Admin
Online Thinking
Retired Admin
Interesting.

I haven't heard that before either. In the "olden days" it is suggested the t-coil magnet that came with cell phones.

Then again I have heard also that the t-coil magnets can be troublesome in areas of fluorescent lighting. Have you ever held your Inductive Amplifier near a fluorescent light?

What I also have observed it some cell phones now have a program setting for those that are wearing hearing aids to t-coils are not needed anymore. It is with the advancement in technology in hearing aids (bluetooth, et cetera) that makes me wonder if that is the reason for the interference. Perhaps turning the feature off (or on if off) would fix the problem. But then again, it would remedy the situation only for the Doctor's office phones and not anywhere else.

My guess is that the frequencies are different between the magnetic hook switch and the t-coil and it could be this that is causing the issue?

Personally, I have an difficult time hearing on telephones of any kind but my solution is either holding the phone a bit away from the ear or to wear a headset and I can hear clearly.

Now this has got me to wonder....Is this a sudden occurrence? Has the Doctor had his office phone for "quite a while" and also his hearing aids "quite a while"? What is it about the 9240 the Doctor likes appearances or perhaps sound quality?

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
OP Offline
Dean,
I agree with all that you said.
The doc has had the hearing aides for quite awhile.
Their STS died, and I replaced it with the Summit 80.
He had no problem with the STS phones.
Yes, the 9240 just looks better. I did try a 9224F, before I went to the 9030, and he couldn't hear on the 9224 either.

Hurry up and wait...
Retired Admin
Online Thinking
Retired Admin
I know it can take a bit of time getting comfortable with telephone calls if you wear hearing aids. I avoid phone communication whenever possible.

So it sounds like a frequency issue, but then again I am not a Rocket Scientist nor have I ever played one on television.

If Vertical Tech Support can't help then...sheesh, seems like someone would have reported this problem before. The only system I can remember working on that had a magnetic hook-switch was the Eagle One and that was...20 years before I git my hearing aide.

Speaker phone is not an option. Would the Doctor be amiable to having a headset?

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
Well I am going to join this conversation. I also wear hearing aids, and my old ones had the magnetic T-coil. One ear is much better than the other. I quit using the T-coil and used my better ear with the hearing aid, just listening to the phone through the vent in my earpiece. Being a Vertical dealer, I was using an SBX and didn't have any problems. Installed a Summit 80, and I have the 9240 on my desk. Secretary's desk has a 9224F, and a 9048 8-button at our sales counter.

As soon as I put the new system in, I couldn't hear for sXXt on any of them. They sounded very bassy. Turning the volume up even made it worse. I installed a Plantronics [Clarity] HA40 phone amplifier on my phone. Turned the tone all the way to high, and now it's easy to hear.

I have had other customers say that the phones sound different than their old ones, but no real complaints except one other who must have ears like mine. Put an HA40 on for him, and he's happy. I realize that the batteries can be a pain, so I used a 9v regulated switching adapter, wired a 9v type connector on it, and just have it plugged into the AC.

I had suggested to Vertical soon after I installed my demo, that they try to get the tone on these fixed.

Just thought I would share.

RUSS K.

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,113 Shoretel
187,718 CTX100 install
186,811 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Professor Shadow, ronaldjamesh, justbill), 67 guests, and 435 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024