web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi all,

Os 7400 : 99% digital phones with 1 IP phone & OAS card, has all been working for years. Now the one ITP phone is getting NO MGI, all the cables are connected and live on the network.

1) all programming looks good and has not been changed in forever
2) MP40, OAS & SVMI all connected to network and live
3) initially could not ping the OAS but after system & OAS reset I was able to ping but still no MGI when attempting to call digital set or dial out on trunk
4) I can call the SVMI
5) all lights are on except SVC2
6) I changed the OAS IP address with no change

All this points to a bad OAS card from what I can tell

Any ideas?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
The MP40 and OAS cards talk via the local network when doing VoIP-Non VoIP not via the back plane.
As long as you can ping both cards and the OAS is in the correct mode (based on the lights it should be) you shouldn't have an issue.
You may have todo a wireshark trace at the system end to see if the traffic is getting between them.

What SVMi20 card is it? a 20e or 20i? are you calling the SVM from the Digital or IP phone or both?
Do you see any OAS NTWK events logged in the system logs (MMC851 here but I believe your MMC's are different)?
Check the MGI groups (MMC616 from memory) that all the 16 OAS channels (380x) are listed in all columns
Do you have spare slot you could move the OAS card to and reprogram?

Last edited by nameless; 06/30/22 06:08 PM. Reason: More questions
OP Offline
Thanks for the reply,
Samsung says it's still under warranty & gave me an RMA so I'm going to send it in for repair and if it doesn't plug and play I'll go through everything you posted, it basically just up and stopped working, at 1st I couldn't ping it and then after system reset I could but still getting no MGI and nobody was in the programming, the VM is a 20i and I can call it from the IP phone just not digital or Trunks.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,708 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Yoda, Toner, Curlycord), 135 guests, and 240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024