Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello

I’m just curious if anybody has worked with Microsoft teams cloud based phone system

From what I understand everything gets dialed through a directory

I am in the process of doing the cabling work for customer that currently has an a NEC Aspire

There is three separate buildings with three separate external paging amplifiers

I’m Pretty sure they can use some kind of a ATA for the paging system

However I was just curious if anybody had a different option because I’m pretty sure the customer Has to has buy their own equipment for the paging but I’m not 100% sure on that

Just curious if anybody had any info

Thanks

JD

Atcom VoIP Demo
VoIP Demo
Admin
Admin
Hi JD,

We haven't done exactly that, but have setup paging on similar cloud systems. The customer can likely use Snom PA-1's or Algo 8301's as the 3rd party SIP PA interface.

We have a customer who is interested in going to Teams for calling, as they are already Office 365 for everything else. Just in the fact finding stage at the moment, so I don't know alot of details, other than the cost really adds up quickly in licensing charges. Especially if you are a large organization.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Usually a teams customer hoes to a UcaaS provider for phones and calling. Much better and cheaper. Done it several times

Admin
Admin
Your question prompted me to write a blog post on the topic: VoIP Paging Devices

OP Offline
Hi Toner

so the school has there new Teams phone system and they are using the Algo 8301 paging adapter and scheduler

I believe they are having low volume issues with the external paging in (2) of the buildings

its kind of a unique situation where they have (3) separate buildings with (3) Separate TOA Amplifiers as opposed to one building

They have (3) ALGO 8301 Paging Adapters (1) Master and (2) Slaves

They are using the bells which works good because those are coming from the device locally

the problem is when they make a page they have to dial into the master Algo device with a 10 digit phone number

from what I understand the external page volume where the master device is located is ok

but the other (2) locations the volume is too low (it has to go across the local network )

the volume on the amplifiers is all the way up (which I am not sure is a good Idea)

I am only trying to help them I don't have anything to do with programing the Algo 8301 I know there are seperate volume controls in the programing

from what I understand the bells and the paging comes out of the same port on the Algo I am wondering if you could have the bells come out of a separate port and paging come out of another port

or do they need more devices ?

They definitively need 3 separate page zones and all call and the want the bells

The paging was fine on the NEC Phone system and they had (3) separate laptops for the bells

any thoughts ?

JD

Admin
Admin
If someone can log into the Algo devices the paging output volume can be raised. One of the drawbacks of using Microsoft Teams is that there are no extension numbers; hence the need to call a 10 digit phone number for paging. Doing it this way also opens the door for robo-dialers to happen across the phone number and page the whole school! Less than ideal smile

The setup sounds correct - I don't see why they would need any more Algo's...

1 member likes this: dagwoodsystems
MS teams just recently added speed dials so you could set one of those for the Paging extension and save having to dial the full 10 digit number.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
MS teams is not the best for end users. If they Just added speed dials, which they just did, they are way behind in phone technology.
I always recommend a UcaaS provider. MS teams has a list of suggested providers.

interesting information

Last edited by noriod45; 1 hour ago.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics93,742
Posts636,432
Members49,622
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
Today's Birthdays
Nyetech
Newest Members
noriod45, Levi1337, jackbeelerDCS, blentz, RockyTop
49,622 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
jsaad 7
blentz 6
Toner 6
Who's Online Now
1 members (Carl Navarro), 58 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: Business Phone Systems | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2022