web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#643426 08/31/22 09:51 AM
OP Offline
I've tried searching the forums regarding this issue, but I rarely have any luck with the search functionality here and didn't in this instance.

I have two MP10a cards that won't boot up to full operation; one that I pulled out of a system that had failed and one that I just purchased as refurbished from PCLiquidations. On both MP10as, if I have nothing else in the cabinet but the MP10a with a 4DLI module and a fresh software SD card and then plug an iDCS-28D into P1 and turn it on, the phone system will start to fire up as expected (the LEDs flash roughly as I would expect), but the system never finishes booting. It never reaches the point where the keyset shows an extension number and then shows the "SVM STARTED" message.

I've tried connecting a serial cable to the SIO port and using HyperTerminal to watch the phone system's boot-up progress. Everything seems like it's booting up as one would expect, but it finally just gets to a point where nothing else happens and there's no more output and the keyset is left displaying the firmware version.

PCLiquidations has sent me a replacement for the MP10a that I ordered from them, but I would like to know if there's anything I can do to resolve the issue myself, since I'm still sitting on a card that has the exact same issue.

Is there anything I should be looking for in the boot log that might suggest what the problem is? Is there anything that I can do to resolve or at least troubleshoot the issue via command line? Is it possible that some fault in the power supply of the 7100 cabinet is actually to blame?

Any ideas or advice would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
Without another cabinet/psu it's going to be hard.
Do both mp10a's get stuck at the same point?
Do you have different sd cards to try?

OP Offline
I don't have another cabinet to try, but I do have another PSU that I could swap into this cabinet. That's why I was wondering if the power supply being the culprit was even a possibility.

Yes, both MP10as get stuck at the same point. I don't recall what the final line of text was, but it was the same on both cards.

I do have some other SD cards that I could try. I had been using the SD card that I also purchased from PCLiquidations and I even tried formatting it and then loading different software versions back onto it. However, I do have some miscellaneous SD cards out of OS7100s that I could try. Not to mention that I have a few blank OfficeServ-compatible SD cards that I could load the software onto.

I will try the other PSU and some other SD cards and see what happens. I'll report back on the results. Regardless, I appreciate the assistance!

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
If you formatted the SD card, you may have rendered it useless. Samsung formats their SD cards with a proprietary operating system, so doing a 'total rebuild' on the SD card rarely turns out the way you would like it to.

Try another OS7100 card. Check it to see what software version is on it, but don't try to do anything else to it until you've tried everything else.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Can't say I have ever had a 7100 not boot from a sd card that wasn't from Samsung themselves.Now there are 2 types of card manufacturers that work though.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
What software version are you getting to use on the cards?
The version may be too old to support the sd card.
I can't remember what version is was but if you use 4.9x or higher you'll be fine. Also check the sd card isn't in write protect

pvj Offline
I think 4.30 was the first sd card version at least here in North America but not sure if that would boot on a 2 gb sd card, probably not as the older cards were Samsung 1gb cards.

i've had this issue too. if i lave the LAN cable plugged in it does the same thing yours is doing. IF i pull out the LAN cable boot it up it will startup. then I plug the LAN cable in after that point. the MP10A card can be quirky

Power supply can be the issue as well, if the capacitors start to fail, they can wreak all sorts of havoc.If you have a spare, it's worth trying.

The MP10a can be pretty picky about the sd card too. The only one I've gotten to consistently work that wasn't from Samsung or Telesource was the Transcend TS2GSDC

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 163 guests, and 239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024