web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Moderator-Iwatsu
OP Offline
Moderator-Iwatsu
I have an new-install IP Office, version 11.1.x that answers incoming SIP calls via auto attendant. Calls are answered by the system, but no greeting is heard. Key maps work, calls can be direct-dialed via menu programming and calls transfer and complete with good two-way audio.

Incoming calls are answered then transfer to the fall-back destination according to the timer setting on the AA tab as if the greeting has played all the way through.

If I create a key map to transfer to the short codes for recording the auto attendant greeting, I can call in, select that digit press and actually hear and re-record the auto attendant greeting, but on subsequent calls in, no audio is heard.

I have several systems set up this same way, with the same SIP trunk provider and a stare-and-compare has turned up nothing.

Any ideas?

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Admin
Online Happy
Admin
Out of curiosity, if you set an incoming call route with a destination of *17, do you hear the Mbox Login greeting? I'm almost wondering if there's a codec problem or something. Is this IPO behind the same brand of router that you've used in other cases?

[Linked Image from web.atcomsystems.ca]
Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!
Moderator-Iwatsu
OP Offline
Moderator-Iwatsu
System prompts play as expected. If I press an undesignated selector code, I get the 'invalid option' prompt I can watch System Status and see that the call has routed to the auto attendant. I can direct a call directly to a mailbox and the system canned greeting plays, not sure if a recorded mailbox greeting will play, still testing.

If I dial an extension number during the 8 seconds I get before the call goes to fallback it transfers normally with two way audio. I don't think it's a router issue at this point, but we have had some goofy network issues here.

When I get back on site I'm going to see if greetings are even showing up in file management.

I'm thinking it might take rebuilding the SD card. Not my idea of a good time...

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
When you go in to edit/change the recorded message, doe it play for you what is already there? Can users change their VM messages and it works?
Sounds like possibly the SD card is corrupt. Might want to use Manager and default and re-create teh Card.

Moderator-Iwatsu
OP Offline
Moderator-Iwatsu
If I dial one of the short codes (*8401, etc,) the recorded message is still there. I can change it and the changes stick.

As a work-around, incoming calls are now routed to a short code that refers to the AA in question and that's working.

Voicemail greetings and messages all record and play as expected. I'm probably going to have to rebuild the SD card, but for now things are working the way we need them to.

we had a problem with Avaya IP Office 11.1.2.4 build 18 embedded Auto Attendant
callers couldn't hear the greeting.
when there was silence if you dialed any number under actions they would work.

so our auto attendant is named Afterhours and under incoming routes, in destinations the dropdown would show AA:01 Afterhours
if we write down manually AA:Afterhours and save it then the greeting plays and everything is ok.

I just wanted to share this workaround in case someone has any problems with auto attendant greeting on 11.1.2.4.0 build 18

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,099 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,799 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Professor Shadow, Toner), 178 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024