Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
j8177e5 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Everyone!

First off I would like to put it out there that I am not the administrator for our PBX. I am a member of our IT department that was tasked to figure out what it is that's going on with our phones. We have a contracted vendor, but so far he is clueless as to what the problem is.

I was able to pull the following error:

*** SIP Router: Received SIP message for non-SIP device - ID(1:'162')
404 Not Found

It is repeated several hundred times, and the phones do not come back up until I do a cold boot on the hardware. Can anyone tell me what this error is?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Inter-Tel
Moderator-Inter-Tel
If you are not using SIP anywhere on your system, you should turn off the SIP listening port.

Here is a post that discusses what could possibly be happening.

https://www.sundance-communications.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/4/t/003127.html#000000

j8177e5 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you very much. I went ahead and disabled that listening port.

As I was going through the logs, I also noticed this entry right before the SIP attack occured.

-01:436- 14:14 12-08 M3008 INF EG SS [8.0.0]: Print String Response From CPC Board: HTTP login request from 85.10.136.111:43268.

I'm not aware of any mehtod of logging into the system aside from Telnet and DB studio. Is that an attempt to "break in" to our system? If it is, is there a way to shut off that access?

Moderator-Inter-Tel
Moderator-Inter-Tel
It probably is related although I'm not 100% positive on that. I had a customer recently that had the exact same issue with the SIP errors and I noticed that HTTP login request as well.

I'm guessing that you could change the Web listening port to be something else besides 80.

If you change it to 8080, I think you could still access it by using https:// instead of https://

Is your phone switch sitting behind a firewall, or does it have a direct internet connection?

As far as I can tell, the IP address is from a French web hosting facility.

Stix1 is on the money with the web port. You will also need to change the SIP port number from 5060 to a bogus number. Support told me yesterday it needs to be a different port number they also said to take effect it will need a reboot as well.
Randy

j8177e5 Offline OP
OP Offline
The phone switch is behind a firewall. For now I've just disabled all inbound HTTP traffic to IP assigned to the phone. I'll just have to monitor the logs to see if there are any other unusual login attempts.

j8177e5 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks again everyone for the help. I'm totally new to the PBX world, but I must say it's been fun so far.

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,289
Posts638,795
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,352 Shoretel
189,009 CTX100 install
187,392 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, justbill), 176 guests, and 395 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024