web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#66665 09/26/11 10:16 AM
TCA Offline OP
OP Offline
We have had intermittent issues with VM and fax to email for always. When things stop coming through by email, I fiddle with the system, restart it, etc and eventually it will start working again. However, this usually also causes old messages that were stuck in the system somewhere to be sent. After fiddling with it today, I got voicemails from 9/2; however the last time I fiddled with it was 9/6. There were also some faxes from 9/2 that showed up today as well. They system seems to have been working fine since 9/6.

We have Axxess 9.007. The VPU is W2k with Outlook 2k3.

Outlook has to be open on the VPU in order for the emails to come through. If Outlook is closed, it doesn't work. Part of the repair fiddling is to restart Outlook. Usually when I restart Outlook it says that the default folders cannot be opened, so I have to create a new PST for the profile. Then things usually start working again.

After fiddling with it today, I eventually just rerouted faxes to the machine. My VM is set to forward only; however message are going to my phone only.

Is the VM/Fax to email system just not reliable? Is there a better system?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#66666 09/27/11 06:21 PM
Hmm, I have a VPU with 8.221 and use the messaging functions (ie. VM and FAX to email) pretty extensively without much issue.

We aren't using any Outlook integration. That was just a world of hurt we avoided. Just straight up email delivery. I don't believe I have Outlook installed on the VPU, that wasn't needed on Win2k IIRC to bring in MAPI that was required on WinNT versions of the VPU.

So, guess I don't know what you are seeing, but for the most part it works for me well overall. Only gotchas I have are there is a small time-zone/Date header related bug; And if there is any network connectivity issues, things can disappear and get lost.

#66667 09/28/11 03:44 AM
TCA Offline OP
OP Offline
I don't know why it had to be set up that way. Maybe because our Exchange is hosted. I know that originally, we didn't have the Outlook set up. Then we had problems and when the guy from Inter-tel came in, he set it up in Outlook to get it working. The email gateway information is still set up in DB programming.

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 77 guests, and 246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024