web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello Everyone,
New to the forum, and hope to get some help please. Purchased an Axxess system for my home/office, and would like to get it working....I have KSU/Limited phone system experience (I am an electronic tech, mainly CCTV/Card Access Systems/intercoms, etc.).

I powered up the KSU and when I hooked up the a phone, it had the system dialtone. I connected my COs to the LSC card and couldn't dial an outside call...display said TS 9*** was unplugged?? I then turned the system off and swapped out the LSC with a LSG card I had and connected my CO's...then the power supply popped, no lights, no power, only a relay sound.

I had another power supply I purchased (they are both the 550-0110 9amp models), so I installed it and yup...the same thing. What is so sensitive about these power supplies that makes them pop so easy? All I want is to initiate my 4 lines on my 14 phones....any suggestions?

I have 2 KSU's with many cards.....just tell me what cards I need for the 2 executive phones, 12 standard display phones, 4 CO lines (voip,thru router) that I need please.....This is a feature-rich, complex system, and even though I plan on using many features, I would be happy to just get the basics operating for now. Sorry this is so long, wanted it to be as detailed as possible. Thanks! Mark

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Inter-Tel
Moderator-Inter-Tel
Welcome to the forum nightwalks!

Those power supplies do go bad from time to time. Yours could have been dead or about to blow before you even received them. I'm assuming you're just plugging them into a standard 110 outlet.

The cards you'll need are:

Power Supply

DKSC16+/DKSC16/DKSC - any of these will work although your best bet would be DKSC16+. This card will provide up to 16 digital circuits. The DKSC only provides 8 digital circuits so you would need 2 if you go this route to accommodate your 14 phones.

LSC - accommodates 4 loop start lines.

CPU or CPC depending on what came with the system. This is the processor card.

Unsure what the LSG card you had is. There is an LGC card which would accommodate either loop start or ground start trunks depending on what you have and how it's programmed.

Once those cards are in place and powered on, you would need to get access to the Session Manager software and more than likely an Axxess connector in order to program the system up. You'll also have to hope the CPU/CPC doesn't have a password on it.

In all honesty, your best bet would be to contact a tech that can come in and get you all situated. It shouldn't take that long at all for what you need.

OP Offline
Thanks so much for your response...yeah, I meant to state I had the LGC card---I have VOIP CO lines...not direct, they are through the router and provide direct dial-tone...do you know if these are considered loop or ground start in nature? I would think loop?

I found 2 blown transistors in the power supply, they are ordered as we speak. Just seemed funny when I plugged in, connected and powered up that LGC card it blew. Do these cards need to be in specific/programmed locations or can they be shuffled around at random?

I have all the manuals and a few CDs that came with the system, but not sure what I need to start programming (I am familiar with programming my CCTV and elevator systems, so Id like to try this system). I did get a serial looking cable with the system, but I think that's for the network/T1 cards that are in the KSU?

What cable do I need and does it connect directly to the CPU? Session Manager is where, in the CPU or the CDs I have? And I assume the password can be overridden by resetting something?

Here is what I have: I purchased the 15 phones with a KSU that has: 2- DKSC16, SLC, OPC, IPRC, T1C, CPU 128S and of course the power supply.

I bought a second KSU for the power supply (before I realized I could fix it), it has:
2-DKSC, DKSC16, LSC, LSC, OPC, CPU. I also bought the LGC card thinking I may need it.

SOOOO, there is my system....any further help you could give is greatly appreciated. As I said, I have always worked on phone systems in my earlier days, but got more involved in the CCTV and access controls and elevator electronics as of late, so I am out of touch on these higher-level programmable systems. Thanks again! Mark

Moderator-Inter-Tel
Moderator-Inter-Tel
Here is how I would configure the system.

Slot 1 - DKSC16
Slot 4 - LSC
Slot 7 - OPC
Slot 8 - CPU or CPU128S

Not sure what CD's you have but you are looking for the DB Programming software. Once you run the executable, the programming software is called Session Manager. You will need the proper version to connect to either the CPU or CPU 128S. For example, if you have version 6 of DB Programming, it will not connect to a CPU that is version 7.

Also, here is a link that will explain the type of connector and cable you need to connect to DB Programming.

https://www.sundance-communications.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/4/t/000587.html

To find the version, you can connect the cable to your computer and the CPU card, fire up hyperterminal, and power up the system and it should show you what version the software is.

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
OP Offline
Thanks guys, Ill give it a shot as soon as I get the power supply transistors in...Ill keep you updated... smile M

I will also say that the programming is not exactly user-friendly. Just a heads-up.

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
User friendly? Probably not.

Technician friendly? I’ve seen worse.

Agreed.

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
OP Offline
Oh I expect it's going to be proprietary and difficult.... smile

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,110 Shoretel
187,715 CTX100 install
186,809 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 113 guests, and 405 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024