Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#67395 03/27/12 06:30 PM
Tekamba Offline OP
OP Offline
OK, I understand this is a diagnostic usage only. But I want to make sure I understand this right, in order to gain access to this interface, we would need to contact Inter-Tel and have them remotely reset a password for us?

Basically, if this is the only interface they provide for us to access, I would like to be able to view it and ensure things on the phone system are working properly. If there are alarms or errors, is this where we would see exactly what they are, then we could determine the severity of the issue and decide whether it was extreme enough to spend the cash on a "certified" tech?

While I still don't agree with HOW this system functions, it is what it is, and at this point it is better to just get as familiar with whatever tools ARE accessible to me so I can inform my client of if/when we may want to call in the "big guns".

Greg

Greg Hicks
Tekamba Computers, LLC
[email protected]
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#67396 03/27/12 10:53 PM
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Sounds like you've gone from someone just moving the system for a client to someone who now wants to work on the system.

If so, take the proper courses and get certified. Otherwise you're simply what our industry calls a "Trunker".

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
#67397 03/28/12 12:32 AM
Moderator-Mobil Phones, Computers
Usernames and passwords are confidential information normally only shared between the manufacturer and the dealer. This kind of information is only discussed in the installer's forum which is private. In order to gain access you would have to apply and be approved. Thanks.

#67398 03/28/12 06:48 AM
Tekamba Offline OP
OP Offline
So even diagnostic information is inaccessible to the end user (who owns the hardware)? They don't give any capabilities, other than through the phones, to check the status of the system and know when they should be calling in someone?

And I have always worked on their systems, reprogramming from the handsets and such, basic rewiring to activate/move a phone extension for them (and other clients). Just trying to become as familiar as I guess Inter-Tel will allow so in the future I will know when we need to call someone in. Just wish they gave us more ability to monitor and watch for things (and do a basic system backup) without having to call someone in every single time.

So, if someone really gets under "your industries" skin, do they then become a "mother-trunker"? (-:

Greg

Greg Hicks
Tekamba Computers, LLC
[email protected]
#67399 03/28/12 07:05 AM
Greg, I gave you the answer to the question. It is the forums policy not to hand out confidential information in public.

You seem to misunderstand something. The entire system is accessible to the customer. It is not uncommon for us to provide them with every tool available to us so that they may take care of routine programming changes.

#67400 03/28/12 07:08 AM
Tekamba Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm sorry, guess I read that too fast, wasn't trying to be an @$$. Just didn't read it right. Guess I was still a little on the mindset that some of this is "exclusive to certified tech only" (again just using that to help illustrate how I read it).

I'll head over to the installers forum and hope for the best at being approved.

Thanks for the clarification!

Greg

Greg Hicks
Tekamba Computers, LLC
[email protected]
#67401 03/28/12 07:22 AM
Tekamba Offline OP
OP Offline
OK, how does one go about applying? Found the forum but just tells me access is denied. Don't see anyplace to request access.
Greg

Greg Hicks
Tekamba Computers, LLC
[email protected]
#67402 03/28/12 08:13 AM
Dave, There is no way to take Inter-Tel/Mitel courses or certifications without working for a dealer.
Some dealers may provide administration courses for their customers.
Greg, https://www.sundance-communications.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/1/t/002809/p/2.html

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
#67403 03/28/12 09:47 AM
Tekamba Offline OP
OP Offline
So I would have to request to become a dealer with Inter-Tel? I'm sorry, as far as that companies policies are concerned I am more and more bothered by their exclusivity.
Thanks for the link Jeff!
Greg

Greg Hicks
Tekamba Computers, LLC
[email protected]
#67404 03/28/12 09:53 AM
One does not just 'request' to become a dealer. It requires a significant investment...you have to sell equipment, have a staff and train them...
Mitel is a large company, and they are far from the only company who has a dealer network. Almost all phone system companies have this...Avaya Business Partners for example.

I do not understand why you are against calling a trained and certified technician who knows the system. Perhaps they would be willing to teach you a few things.

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,773
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,465 Shoretel
188,335 CTX100 install
187,094 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 164 guests, and 304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024