web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Tekamba Offline OP
OP Offline
First allow me to apologize for letting my attitude come through in a forum designed to help. I am sure this has been a great resource for many before me and will continue to be so long into the future (and to be honest I hope to be among those whom find it of benefit for future tasks).

This is no way meant as an excuse, but to hopefully allow everyone to see things a bit from my perspective. That doesn't mean I was justified in any way for any of my comments, I guess the bottom line is everyone is human and prone to let things get to them more than they should.

When I posted my original question I thought I was fairly polite and concise with my query. Whether or not the actions leading up to that point should have ever occurred or not I considered to be inconsequential, I was just looking for some answers from those with more experience with this hardware. The first replies to that post were all in agreement with what the cause most likely was, and then each one in turn took their jabs at me and my actions in what I felt was an uncalled for, and non-productive manner.

The solutions provided didn't seem to fit this situation exactly (and eventually those solutions proved to not be appropriate in this case), so I probed for something else that would resolve the issue. I didn't handle that further questioning as diplomatically as I should have and allowed the negative comments towards me to affect my replies. Things further degraded as I became frustrated with the operating practices of the manufacturer (which I know are just the rules that everyone has to abide by if they want to carry these products). I further allowed my now brewing poor outlook on this whole endeavor and made my own jabs back in a defensive manner.

At one point I made an attempt to start back from square one and obtain whatever education I could as to what was and wasn't capable from a non-certified standpoint so I could provide my client with some answers hopefully. This quickly degraded as well, most likely due to my own acts of poking at things, and it once again degraded horribly.

With all that said, I apologize for any comments made by myself that made anyone feel insulted or offended. The telecom industry is a close knit community (as are most other industries that involve years of education to get to what is considered a skilled level) and I have overstepped my outsiders boundaries.

I am VERY anxious to learn all that I can, so where appropriate I can assist my clients with any tasks they present to me. While at the same time better learning where I should set my limitations and when to call in the big guns. I hope no one holds any long term resentment towards me because of my previous posts and actions, and that in the future I can return to these forums to seek guidance where possible.

Thank you for your time and (hopefully) understanding. Those that I have conversed with have shown a wealth of knowledge that I should be listening to instead of attempting to pick apart. There is much I can learn that would even apply to others areas outside of the telecom field. It was especially interesting to learn of the wiring differences in different parts of the globe, something I hadn't considered before. I did end up finding quite a few new resources for myself both in the telecom field and the wiring standards for all things data related. I also know if I ever want to good debate I can just bring up RJ45's to get the ball rolling good and strong! (-:

Once again, my apologies to all that ended up wasting their valuable time with all of this nonsense. I will strive very hard in the future to keep my attitude in check, keep my fingers off the keyboard, and READ what is being offered to me.

Sincerely,
Greg

Greg Hicks
Tekamba Computers, LLC
[email protected]
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
I'll be the first to say apology accepted.

You just need to realize that we see this stuff happening and we are losing work in these situations and then to see it go wrong just proves the point that there is a lot more to supporting a phone system than knowing how to cross connect it.

As i said in one of my posts one of my customers let the IT guy talk them into letting him move the system .... it got screwed up and he had no clue how to solve the problem so he called me. Now here is a situation where someone literally took money out of my pocket and then came to me for help .... he didn't like that i told the customer that he was not competent at phone work ..... but the mere fact that he had to call proved my point. I asked my customer and he said he was paying the same hourly rate for the IT guy .... yet he was getting a fraction of the service.

Anyway .... there is a reason that knowledgable, experienced telecom professionals stick with one or two brands.

In my opinion there would be nothing worse than having a customer out of service and not have the knowledge or ability to get them running...

Take a look at the experienced personnel on here .... and then listen to them all say that it isn't possible to support multiple brands of phone systems .... and as it sinks in it may make more sense.

The customer just wants his phone system moved and working .... so whoever does it should know how to do it, how to program any and all needed changes and then should have parts necessary to get the system up and running if something fails during the move.

Admin
Admin
Greg very well written and apologies accepted. I would also like to apologize to you for the insults you received. I believe you have a lot of knowledge that can be shared here and could also learn a lot from some of the old timers. I'm glad your tough enough to take some criticism and still come back.

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
:thumb:

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
posted in wrong place!

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Greg:
If I made any comments that offended you, I apologize as well.
Inter-Tel is the first system I learned to work on so I am sure I am biased a bit towards them.

Jeff

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Greg,

This whole episode has the feel of two kids fighting on the playground who later become very good friends.

Welcome back.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Moderator-Mobil Phones, Computers
Moderator-Mobil Phones, Computers
Always has to be a party pooper in the bunch! :rofl:

"posted in wrong place!"

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Greg,

I am glad that you posted this. You seem to be a very sharp guy and I am sure as you have seen, this group of people is incredible and most everyone will welcome you back and be glad that you are here.

Thanks

Call us for Iwatsu in Chicago!!! www.wiilcom.com
Tekamba Offline OP
OP Offline
See? I had a feeling this was a quality bunch, just need to shake them up a bit from time to time! (-:

upstateny - I'm sorry about work being taken, in this case however, the client and I discussed the situation, the fact there are no "locals" that we trusted, and the potential pitfalls. I should have done more research and prep ahead of time, come looking for answers beforehand as to what I should watch out for, etc (or if someone remotely could hop into it and prep it for the move). There was definitely a valuable lesson learned here, but I made sure my client was not mislead before we began this entire project.

metelcom - I appreciate your remarks, and yes, I learned long ago if I was going to make it anywhere in this world I'd better form a pretty thick skin, sometimes it does get nicked tho

skip - thumbsy uppy thingy to you too as well as :toast:

Titi1411 - :dance:

Thank you everyone... now, let's get back to being productive!

Greg

Greg Hicks
Tekamba Computers, LLC
[email protected]

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,793
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,173 Shoretel
188,992 CTX100 install
187,379 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 111 guests, and 419 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024