*** Updated this message see end of text ***

Just upgraded Partner Plus. Unable to program the a speaker only unit that is used at the front door. It is not a door bell, it is only a mic/speaker. The system has 3 outside lines. The system used to work this way. When the doorbell rings, pressed line 4, that enabled communications with the speaker/mic box at front door. The box is attached to ext 21. How do I program line four to ext 21.
****** New text...
Sorry if there is confusion. I am truly a novice at the telephone stuff. But to clarify...I do not believe the doorbell is attached to the Partner system, only the speaker/mic. I attempted what was suggested on the first post and was not successful. Prior to that attempt (from reply 1) I tried to program this myself by forcing the line 4 button to line 21. I screwed that up. Now on ext 10 when I press line 4 (after programming based upon reply 1) I receive a dial tone and the number 21 appears in the display and the phone dials. It does not attach to the front door speaker. Thanks for all your replies.

[This message has been edited by Dave Rest (edited April 22, 2002).]