Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
#6958 08/05/05 06:29 PM
OP Offline
And you don't exactly gain sympathy by treating people the way you do.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#6959 08/05/05 06:36 PM
Fine. Then pay your dues, learn the trade by working for someone who has experience, start you own business, buy your equipment through legitimate channels, sell it for a fair price.

THEN come back here and we will welcome you.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
#6960 08/05/05 06:36 PM
OP Offline
And before you start with the capitalism stuff again, I would have no problem if the equipment sold on the net was legitimate. It's not. While whoever sold it to you may have been operating legally, it was obtained illegally in breach of whoever sold it to them's contract with the manufacturer.

That isn't capitalism, its illegitimate trade.

Your statement may or may not be true, but you seem to be confused about the concept of capitalism. The manufacturers try to limit distribution of their equipment to keep prices artificially high. This is not capitalism (I'm sure you've heard the term "free-market" capitalism, and that isn't exactly a free market, is it). Anything that moves prices closer to their true value to the consumer [edit] and fosters competition [/edit] brings the system closer to true capitalism, legal or not. (in this context)

[This message has been edited by squeakygeek (edited August 05, 2005).]

#6961 08/05/05 06:39 PM
OP Offline
sell it for a fair price.

I think we each have a different concept of a fair price. I think a business should try to be fair to the customer, not to other business. That's anti-competition, which is what I've been trying to explain.

edit:

Do you think that it should be illegal for me to buy a system and install it in my own building? Is that fair? I don't think so. It is a scam typical of the trades and a corrupt government. (this varies by state)

And about "paying your dues"... That is a very long rant. You don't want to go there.

another edit:

And I don't see it as you being cheated by the gray market. My opinion is that you are being cheated by the manufacturers.

#6962 08/05/05 07:00 PM
I'm not going to go back and forth with you on this.

Suffice it to say that the primary reason manufacturers limit distribution to qualified dealers is because they want the equipment installed properly and the customer supported.

You are right though in that the perceived value of a product will decrease with every complaint it gets. That's exactly what happens when it gets sold to trunk slammers and the general public.

When a customer buys from a dealer they complain to the dealer who should take care of the problem. Buy gray market and the outfit you bought it from isn't going to help you. So now the product is crap because they can't figure it out.

Have a good evening.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
#6963 08/05/05 07:38 PM
We all know where this is going.
Homeboy installs system. Maybe he does a fair job, maybe not. Homeboy is off to college.
Lawyers use system a while and then stumble on to the fact that its not working as planned and they have lost large amounts of business due to not getting messages properly or not getting info to callers after hours properly, maybe hackers in voice mail and $10,000 phone bill etc etc etc. They call Homeboy, oops Homeboy at college. They call regular phone dudes.
Smart phone dude says who are you and why are you calling me for emergency??? Lawyer tells huge ass lie (Paging Hughe Jass). Phone dude says OK and goes or sends tech on service call. Tech looks at gobble d gook install and lack of documentation and informs Lawyer of time involved to figure out the mess and also how they want the system to work. Lawyer gets red in face, the nerve of some prople, wanting to get paid for thier knowledge and experience,,,, YADDA,YADDA,YADDA.....

My best friend is a lawyer but I stay away from them businesswise.

#6964 08/06/05 12:07 AM
Brokeda........BINGO......right on the money...

#6965 08/06/05 02:10 AM
brokeda...we have a winner here.

#6966 08/06/05 02:24 AM
This has to be one of the most humorous threads I have read in a while.Really guys,think about it for a second.I have had alot of jobs in my life as I am sure most of you have.Would we really be doing this for a living if it was such a difficult job?I for one dont consider this to be brain surgery.The guy(sqeaky)obviously has some intelligence.The nortel docs are fairly easy to interpret.He will make mistakes and he will get stuck.I'm sure this board might have been a help to him.Although I doubt he will get any now.In my opinion we should have let it ride and awaited the results.Some of us might have been standing there with our foot in our mouth when he only had to ask a question or two.Some of you that let the topics of this board stress you out,take it easy,its just a thread.Its not like he said something bad about your mother.

------------------
Richard

Richard
AVAYA-NORTEL-SAMSUNG-PANASONIC-MITEL
www.acceleratedtelecom.com
#6967 08/06/05 04:21 AM
OP Offline
brokeda: Glad to see someone has a sense of humor around here.

Richard: Some of them are frustrated because they tried sincerely to scare me away, but they failed. I kept quiet in the beginning for the reason you state, so that later I could get help if needed. Now that I know who will help me and who would like to see me fail, I can speak my mind without burning bridges. (But I will always speak it respectuflly, of course).

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,456 Shoretel
188,312 CTX100 install
187,086 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (SSPhone, dans), 168 guests, and 285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024