web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Has anyone installed a magix and used valcom 1020C speakers (self amperfied)? If so did you use a u-pam or wire straight to trunk port? Customer now had a definity system and they are using valcom speakers for the page system. Need to know if they will work with the magix before customer sign contract for the magix system.

Thanks for any help

Doug

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Wire straight to port.

[This message has been edited by gkar (edited September 09, 2003).]

Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
I have to admit, this is the first one I have heard of going from a Definity to Magix and not the other way around.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
OP Offline
Thanks for the post

Z-man,
Have you ever heard of a customer with a dimenion 400 going to a merlin 820 and sending 2 ext as opx to a merlin 410 (5 miles away) as co lines?? I have done that before too.
The customer with the definity; bought the building with the definity in it; it was used more as a key system, so when the audix bit the dust he decided to put in a magix.

gkar,
When you wire straight from the speakers to the co port; did you leave it as a loop trunk or program it for loudspeaker paging?

[This message has been edited by dialtone (edited September 09, 2003).]

Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
I worked on a dimension once. The guy we had that worked on them was on vacation, so I was next in line. To say I was a little lost is like calling the Rockies hills.

As far as your paging, wire it directly into the trunk port. Assign the trunk port as a loudspeaker port on the Magix. You can access it by programming a pickup key or assigning the line to telehphone. When you assign the line, it will show up as loudspeaker page when inspected.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
Yup, thats what you do... We do a lot of Definity to Magixs. Lease returns rewritten if the company downsizes or over spent in the fat years. We tie Merlins and Partners together with analog stations to CO ports OPX. Also did a Legend with copper DID's to a FXO channel-bank ptp voice/data T-1 to another channel-bank to NEC because the customer did not want to buy T-1 cards and a old local provider left the channel banks with built in DSU's(use to provide internet and DID's)

OP Offline
Thanks guys for the information, you confirmed what I was thinking. I was told by valcom that I would need to purchase a port controller to go between the co port and the amplifer speakers and not to program it as a paging port.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,773
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,465 Shoretel
188,335 CTX100 install
187,094 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 134 guests, and 287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024