web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
We operate only 2 lines in our offices. Any conversation on line 1 can be heard on line 2 with lots of static. What can we do to keep both lines from interfering with each other? What could be wrong with our partner communications system??

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
sounds like the lines are shorted. What type of cards do you have? If you have extra line ports, move your lines to those and see what happens.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
RIP Admin
RIP Admin
I would move the line as Z-man posted. Also make sure that you have the stations set to Privacy program #304.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
The problem could also be with the incomming lines themselves.You should contact your local telephone service provider to see if the trouble is their cables.

Jusy as a side note, I don't know if this is industry wide, but up here in Maine, the provider will almost never admit responsibility unless you can show them irrefutable proof.

I've come close to fist fights at vender meets, you could prove that the fault is on there side till you are blue in the face and they still wont admit it.

You can take 2 single line phones; unplug your line cords from the partner and plug them into the single line phones. If you still have the trouble; the problem is service provider. If you have no trouble then you will need to replace the partner card. What type partner/module do you have?

[This message has been edited by dialtone (edited March 03, 2004).]

JBW Offline
I would check my inside wiring to be certain that it is cat 3 or better. Also I would use an ohm meter to check each pair for ground and cross batery. The static seems to indicate bad insulation or corrosion at a jack or mod plug. I'm sure you realize this type of trouble could be anywhere from the phone to the service provider's central office.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024