web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Nonsense - the fact that the CO handles rollover/hunting is a simple concept that anyone in the interconnect field should know - it is not some obscure fact that is specific to a certain type of equipment - i have heard this comment repeatedly from data people entering the voice world - i would love to see them explain that to a customer after telling them that the system would do it.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
By the way feel free to come to NY - lack of knowledge by my competitors makes me look even better!!

jjimm Offline OP
OP Offline
Once you start working on larger equipment than key systems, you will find that rollover lines are specific to the equipment. PBX, CBX, and even Nortel SL-100, which is also called "C.O." type of equipment, do not use the local telco for rollover lines, but create their own virtual extensions in the dialing plan for rollovers. Some of the new key systems have limited PBX features, and are called "hybrids". The Avaya Partner can be programmed as a hybrid, but I was unfamiliar with its limitations.
I guess it's never too late to learn. All kidding aside, I'm not trying to be argumentative here. I'm just seeking information exchange.

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
i must admit to a certain amount of frustration watching data guys enter our world and taking business away then doing a poor job for the customer and also need to apologize for being a .... - good luck

Online Content
jjimm,
I think you've been more than patient, I tried to lighten it up, but didn't get very far. Sometimes it's better to ignore. Your question was fair and reasonable and as we all know different terms are used in different parts of the country. I never knew beans were also call beanies and there are other terms I've heard in different parts of the country. Thanks for not fighting back, this is a good board and that kind of stuff can ruin a board. You handled it very well.
Bill

Posted this before I saw your's ny, thanks big of ya.
Bill

[This message has been edited by justbill (edited June 09, 2004).]

Retired phone dude
Beans - Beanies.......In NJ & NY we call em "Chicklets"

Online Content
Thanks Groundstart, you made my point. This board covers a large area, so many different terms are used in different areas. I've also heard them called maggots.
Bill

Retired phone dude
jjimm Offline OP
OP Offline
No problemo. Ya know, as much as I wanted to learn data (for the sake of VOIP),and had to pay dues from the ground up all over again- I definitely prefer the Voice side of the industry. Much better people!

you havent meet me yet.....

Call the local phone company for rollover option. they need to make it possible

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,112 Shoretel
187,717 CTX100 install
186,810 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, justbill), 44 guests, and 424 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024