web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
FrankyD Offline OP
OP Offline
Anyone have any idea on why Caller ID would Intermittently Show up on Avaya ACS systems. The original configuration of the system was this:
Lucent 5ESS Switch
GR-303 to Anymedia (Co-Location)
4 Analog Loop (Loop Start) POTS Lines.
Terminated at Customer Prem into Avaya ACS R6.0.
Calls would Intermittently show caller ID.
Caller ID boxes work 100% of the time.
If you wait 30 seconds and try it it works everytime. However, if you place the calls one right after another the caller ID only shows about 70% of the time.

We have since had the loop changed to a T1 with an Adtran TA system (IAD/Channel Bank) to drop off the Pots because we can manipulate the characteristics of the line(Add Impedance to the line). We have the same issue (But think there may be a problem between Adtran and Avaya ACS Also).
We seem to be having multiple issues of caller ID throughout our network, all involving the AnyMedia Remote Terminals and Avaya ACS Systems.
I am sure this has something to do with the FSK signal itself, rise or fall of sign wave, time of frequency shift.. something. I am pretty sure the caller ID boxes work as they probably are more tolerant of ranges.
Has anyone else ran into these problems?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

The problem is system resorces. The ACS has a limited number of receivers to read the caller-ID. I think each board has one. Split your hunting lines between boards so consecutive calls don't ring on the same board. This will give it time to release for the next call.

FrankyD Offline OP
OP Offline
That's definitly an avenue I will pursue but it wouldn't explain why the caller ID worked whenever the End Use would go back to the RBOC for service. Any Idea's?

FrankyD Offline OP
OP Offline
Yeah, I forgot to mention that... If the customer changes back to the RBOC for services the problem clears. Caller ID 100% of the time.

If possible you may want to check the level of the caller id fsk tones from the CLEC. If the RBOC is using a Lucent 5ESS switch I believe the tones are sent out on the cable pair or whatever transport media that is used at 0.0 DB. It could be that the caller id info is at a marginal level for the ACS from the CLEC.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,793 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, dexman), 54 guests, and 245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024