web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Mickamg Offline OP
OP Offline
My customer reports that their Legend system is dropping the callers about 5 seconds after it is answered. This is bad timing because it is just enough time for the caller to state who they are and then the line goes dead as if my customer hangs up on them. The switch has Merlin Messaging R3, but the cutoffs are happening even when they answer before the AA does. Any ideas? Can a faulty port do this?

Mike

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Is this happening on various stations and lines or only one station? I ask this because the earlier MLX telephones are notorious for having bad membranes that cause all kinds of funky issues. If it is on more than one station, is it confined to one line?

------------------
Intertel Telephone Repair
Avaya Telephone Repair

[This message has been edited by paul144 (edited October 25, 2004).]

Mickamg Offline OP
OP Offline
It could be only one line. She wasn't real sure so I had asked her to pay attention to that starting this afternoon. That was my first thought, but wasn't sure if this was a symptom of some other documented glitch.

It could easily be a bad port. If she can localize it to one line, I would try moving it, obviously. If it moves with the line to a new port, it might be time to call in the teleco.

------------------
Avaya Telephone Repair
Toshiba Telephone Repair

[This message has been edited by paul144 (edited October 26, 2004).]

I had this same problem when the lines were installed with stranded modular RJ11's on solid wire.

I just realized that I should not assume anything... I was assuming that you had done some basic trouble shooting, but from your post it looks like you may not even have been on site yet.
Gkar is right. The first place to check is your wiring into the system. It should be simple to hook up your butt set or a s/l phone to the incoming line and make sure that the wiring and connectors are good. Also check the modular jacks to make sure that you do not have any bent pins or something in there causing a short.

------------------
Avaya Telephone Repair
Toshiba Telephone Repair

[This message has been edited by paul144 (edited October 27, 2004).]

Mickamg Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for all the responses. It appears it was the line cord from the patch panel to the Legend port. Paul, you were right, I had not been onsite yet, and because I don't work on Legend much, I just posed the question to be sure I didn't troubleshoot till I was frustrated, and then find out it is a known glitch of some kind (CPC, etc).

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,765
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,446 Shoretel
188,303 CTX100 install
187,081 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, dans), 188 guests, and 171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024