web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi,

I am not a phone guy...so pls bear with me. I love this forum and learn a lot from it. I get stuck with administering our system b/c our corporate folks don't do too well at taking care of our regional office.

Anyway, we recently had a new card added into our phone cabinet so that we could gain some internal extensions, and I think it was not done (put in the correct location) correctly. The company that sold it to us (not the installers) are telling me that the new extensions cannot utilize voicemail as a result without substantial reprogramming. Does that make sense?

The cards are in the following order: (I can get more info tomorrow when I am in front of the cabinet)

4 slots in cabinet [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]ordered)
extension card 1 (400 I think),VM,extension card 2 (400 I think),extension card 3 (400 I think)

Is this incorrect?

Sorry I am low on the details right now,...wanted to get this out while I remembered.

Thanks,
Aggieangler

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

why dont you get that card inventory done
in order from left to right .
the center card should be a processor if u have a partner plus or partner II
if you have a partner acs the middle card
would have 3 lines and 8 stations
usually the processor is in the middle
starting with extension cards then the 400's
them the mail last
the programming involved is probably moving
your mail over ,and that requires programming
as does some programming to give your new sta v/m
there are a lot of variables here not disclosed like
which partner control unit u have
which v/m and is does it have mail boxes to accomodate the the new extensions
so bottom line more info is required

ps there are techs on this forum that probably could come in and do this quickly
from your area

[This message has been edited by KENB (edited February 08, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by KENB (edited February 08, 2005).]

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Your post states that you have 400's? They are line cards not station cards. Need a little more info on what you have.

------------------
https://www.tel-programmer.com/

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
OP Offline
Thanks for the replies....again, please let me say that I am sorry for not posting adequate info the first time. Here is what I have...

Cabinet model 103H

5 slots available
(from left to right as you face it)
  • 308 EC MOD R3.0
  • RS 232 with 4 port exapansion card installed
  • ACS proc R3.0 w/ RAC
  • 308 EC MOD R3.0

Thanks in advance for any info. I am sure there are local folks that ccan help me. I would like to know of a few and see about getting estimates, in case I can sway the corporate mindset, but unfortunately, I think I am stuck with using someone's brother-in-law!

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Your system can have 24 stations and 9 lines with the modules you have, your mail can support either 20 or 48 depending on what release it is.
Give me a call, we can support you right over the phone at reasonable rates and you will be learning as you go. Number is in my profile if interested.
I don't see how they expect you to just start taking over it if you have no knowledge of it.

OP Offline
dtmf...thanks for the reply. Can it support voicemail on all the extensions with the VMS card in the slot it is in, or does it have to be moved?

I agree with you wholeheartedly, and I think the main problem is that they don't expect for me to handle this, but no one else seems to think it matters, so I am kinda stuck!

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Yes but your station numbering will not be in order due to the Voice Mail module being in the 2nd slot. Depending on what mail you have and what expansion pc card is in it,I would hope they put the full expansion to make it a 4x40. But you may only have 20 mail box's to play with. Being that the ACS is a R3 I would assume that you have a older VS with only 20 box's. You would need to go into the admin to see or take a good look at the pc card in the mail.

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited February 08, 2005).]

OP Offline
Again...thanks.

So, I think you are saying that I already had extensions 10-23. Now when I hook into the patch panel at the next open slot (expecting 24), it will show up on the receiver via ftr 00 as ext 32?

I am seeing this, and I can live with it, as long as the voicemail will work the same way.

Does that make sense? Is there a drawback to doing it this way?

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Yes your next will be 32 as the voice mail is taking up 26-31, it will work fine.

OP Offline
Thanks dtmf. I confirmed that this is working as you said. I can live with the gap in the extension numbers. If I am ever offered to give my input on who does our programming, I will put in a word for your company!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, hitechcomm), 142 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024