web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Kumar Offline OP
OP Offline
Please help.
I need to change the Battery of the Primary Processor Module.
Reason: It loses the programming when the power supply is lost.
What kind of battery can be replaced?
what's the voltage?
Can I replace it with a Lithium Ion Battery?
Please help.
Thank you
Sincerely
Kumar

KJK
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

the battery in your partner ii is in the processor card which is the center module in the white box
the battery is in side that module
are you sure you want to undertake this project ?? or i would think there is member on this forum that could come out and do this for you in the california area
if you screw this up you may have a dead
system on your hands
if you want to proceed someone will supply the specs of the battery

[This message has been edited by KENB (edited March 06, 2005).]

Kumar Offline OP
OP Offline
KENB,
Thank you for your reply. I am confident that I would be able to replace the battery.
The only thing I don't know is the type of battery that can be replaced.
I also know that when the processor module is removed from power supply , all the programing will be lost. But we have to get this done at any cost. I would be greatful if you will be able to let me know what the model of the battery is, so I can have it ready before I dismantle. I will be able to reprogram the system through the Manual.
Thanks and regards
Sincerely
Kumar

------------------
KJK

KJK
Kumar, the battery is not designed to be replaced except buy a repair facility. When the battery goes bad you are supposed to replace the module.

I have replaced these batteries several times but I have had many years of electronics experience. I would not recommend that you attempt this unless you have the correct tools and the proper experience to do board level repairs.

First you have to know how to open the case. Once you get past that the battery is soldered to a secondary PC board that is attached with pin headers to the main board. You have to remove the secondary board without damage, desolder and remove the old battery then solder the new battery into place. Then you have to properly put everything back together.

Remember, while you are attempting this you will have no phone service and if the processor does not work when you are finished you are going to be in trouble.

I would very strongly suggest that you take this opportunity to upgrade to an ACS or just replace the PII processor with a refurb. You will have minimum downtime and peace of mind in knowing all will work.

-Hal

[This message has been edited by hbiss (edited March 06, 2005).]

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
I'm sure someone is willing to give you a partner 2 processor for free

I have a couple here that need a battery... [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Kumar Offline OP
OP Offline
HBISS,
I don't know how serious you are, but if you'd like to part with the "couple" of those units, I am willing to accept them.
kindly let me know.
Thanks and regards
Sincerely
Kumar

------------------
KJK

KJK
Kumar Offline OP
OP Offline
LOCG, thank you for the info.
I think HBISS has a "couple" that's wanting a home !
Cheers
Kumar

------------------
KJK

KJK

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 100 guests, and 239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024