Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
topher Offline OP
OP Offline
well to tell you the truth, i dont really want to go thru all the trouble of finding the right cords and such so...can someone recommend a system with all standard telephone jacks, no amphenols or anything??? i basically want:
party conference call
On hook dialing
Call transfer
Hold reminder
Privacy
Paging thru phones
Last number redial
Automatic line selection
Do not Disturb
Ringing options
Hold

thanks

[This message has been edited by topher (edited July 08, 2005).]

Kristopher
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

yes
reread codasco 704 note above

Yeah, just use network cables (they'd actually be nicer than phone cables since they're CAT5 instead of CAT3). Or, make your own...it would be helpful to borrow a crimper though, since they are expensive just to use for one project.

Also, if you wind up with a system with amp connectors, there are break out boxes/adaptors you can use instead of punchdown blocks (although punch down blocks and impact tools aren't taht bad oncce you get the hang of it.....if you need a punchdown tool I;ve got one you can have)

If you decide you actually don't want the Merlin, I will gladly trade you my Vodavi Starplus system (12 lines, 24 extensions) with 3 keysets and a 2 station single line adaptor) for the Merlin. (I got one, but it has no sets. and it's only a 206, not a 410)

[This message has been edited by codasco704 (edited July 08, 2005).]

topher Offline OP
OP Offline
alright, im going to check with alocal supplier about the cabling and stuff. if i dont find anything ill send you the merlin. i have found a Norstar 6*16 too, but im just wondering what connectors it uses?

Kristopher
Moderator-Comdial
Moderator-Comdial
I use a 410 to keep my PC up off the floor [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

topher Offline OP
OP Offline
LMAO ...ok.. well im still wondering what connectors the norstar 6*16 uses

Kristopher
Some people laught at the old Merlins, but honestly, for home, simple/old is OK for me....of course part of my problem is the desire to try all kinds of different systems. I've had an Executech, Norstar, Pana DBS, Partner, and Starplus in my home, just since about 2000. I've come to realize that some of them (esp. the DBS(96 ports, for a house!) and the Partner (hunt groups, voicemail) were overkill. Even the Vodavi does more than I need. They were all nice, but I really don't need anything more than a Merlin. I have a 206, but could use a little more capacity.

The "compact", non ICS norstars (the 308 and 616) both use modular connections for co lines, and an amp connector for sets, MOH, loudspeaker, and aux. ringing. I really liked my Norstar system, and it's the closest system in reliability and toughness (well, the sets at least, the KSU is poorly made in my opinion) to Merlin. Make sure you're getting one with DR5 software, and if you sare ever going to consider voicemail, get a KSU with disconnect supervision.

topher Offline OP
OP Offline
whats the difference between DR5 and any other? the guy says that he doesnt know how to tell the software version but it was manufactured in '91. im not sure if just that unit and some norstar phones will let me do all the things i want it too will it? its a 616 PBX the only features listed is paging and transfer but says it supports all phones... does this mean that i can page thru the speakerphones on all the phones, hold, exlusive hold, xfer, hold reminder????? thanks a bunch.

Kristopher
topher Offline OP
OP Offline
by the way its a refurb......where do i get a break out box/adapter cheap?

[This message has been edited by topher (edited July 09, 2005).]

Kristopher
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Pay attention to what codasco says---DR5 is the safest way to go. DS KSU is best if you ever want a VM. DR 1, I think, was only a 308. Don't be foolish.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,785
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,074 Shoretel
188,981 CTX100 install
187,371 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dans 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Gary S.), 113 guests, and 171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024