Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 1 of 2 1 2
TK Offline OP
OP Offline
Didn't know if anyone else is having this problem. I have a customer who we installed a Partner R7 with R7 VM. About once a month all the lines lock up, so when you look at your phone it appears all the lines are being used. The customer manualy has to hit the line button to free up the line. If a caller calls in when the buttons are all lit they get a busy signal.

TK
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Might try resetting the system. #728

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Man, I just got through changing out an R6 with an R7 for the same issue. Except even though I removed privacy, and you could barge in on the in use line, you couldn't release it without resetting the system.

sorry .... again, need my pad adjusted!

[This message has been edited by txfoneman (edited August 24, 2005).]

| Telephone Systems | Voice / Data Cabling | phoning since 1979.
are they using remote call forwarding?

there is a known problem with rls 7 and remote call forwarding that locks up system. i just got the patch sent to me from avaya.

sorry, new laptop and need to get pad set right! [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

[This message has been edited by txfoneman (edited August 24, 2005).]

TK Offline OP
OP Offline
We do have remote forwarding set up on a couple of exts. I will have to look into that patch. Thanks for your help.

TK
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
This might be totally off-subject, but have they changed local dial tone providers lately? It sounds to me like your problem may be as simple as not receiving disconnect supervision on the CO lines.

We have see this happen on other brands of systems, usually during night hours where the voice mail or auto attendant answers all calls. Since disconnect supervision isn't being received, the voice mail ports don't ever release the call and you end up with all lines lit up. Maybe next time it happens, you should check to see if the voice mail ports are locked up at the same time.

We have seen this loss of disconnect supervision even happen with existing customers who don't change providers. The LEC just rearranges some equipment in their network and it just goes away on it's own.

------------------
Ed
---------
How come there's always enough time to go back and fix it a second time?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Just as a side note, most older CO's with Centrex switchs are not capable of providing a disconnect signal. It was not needed for the equipment sold at the time. Just something else to look out for. I also have seen disconnect signals not reconized on upgrades to Magixs from older Legends without reversing the polority on the lines.

Gkar:

Beg to differ with you there. 1A2 equipment which dates way back to the early sixties had option straps on the CO line cards to select the length of the supervisory disconnect signal.

Mechanical CO switches (Panel, SXS, Crossbar, etc.) always had supervisory signaling to drop a "cord board's" mechanical hold circuits. This was in an effort to reduce the number of trunks required into a customer's PBX (cord board).

Electronic switches (ESS, DMS, ESWD, etc.) were developed later when the end-user equipment could not be guaranteed to be made by the same manufacturer. In the late sixties, it became legal to buy key systems and PBX's from manufacurers other than the phone company's CO switch manufacturer. The telephone companies had to provide the necessary compatibility with regard to signaling.

Just to play it safe, when the electronic switches were developed, the manufacturers set the supervisory disconnect signal "just a little bit longer" so that their signal worked with the new slew of customer-owned systems from all over the world.

Back to 1A2; the settings (a physical wire strap) were "short" for crossbar offices and "long" for ESS. Loop supervision has been a major part of the POTS line business for decades. I am not sure where you got your information, but it's not accurate by any stretch of the imagination.

------------------
Ed
---------
How come there's always enough time to go back and fix it a second time?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,793
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,173 Shoretel
188,991 CTX100 install
187,378 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (teleco), 99 guests, and 400 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024