web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Avaya is not the only manufacture that has security holes-hell even our government has them. If there were no holes there would be no hackers. Micro$oft is the worst by far and now we have just come accepted it as normal. But Symantic loves it laugh

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Micro$oft is the worst by far and now we have just come accepted it as normal.

You got that right!

If you are worried about a backdoor password and Avaya take a look at this link-

https://membrane.com/security/secure/Microsoft_Is_Unscrupulous.html

Microsoft makes Avaya look like amateurs.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
I have been working on Avaya systems for 15 years. Now I will agree, some of the resets are too accessible, but that is a price for convienence more than anything. I don't install Avaya voice mail products anymore, unless specifically requested. I can say, I have NEVER personally seen a Partner Mail hacked, especially one that was "hacked" and nothing changed. There is just nothing for a hacker to gain but a few voice mails. It is not like they can download music, spy on you, etc... I would have to agree with the previous poster about someone internal changing the password. If your not sure, download a free trial of Tapit call accounting software and monitor the traffic. One of the reasons that voice mails are not subject to hacking is the fact that everything must be "hacked" by hand. Unlike most computer hackers, who run some type of hacking program, you literally must sit at a telephone and dial into a system to do damage. Becomes too time consuming to do it. The only real "hackers" I have come across are current and former disgruntled employees with access to passwords and procedures.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
Dunno how old this topic is, but I personally am grateful such a backdoor exists. We just picked up a Partner VS as part of a payment for moving a system (the partner system was left behind by previous tennants), and the admin password was changed. I was able to get the backdoor and put the password back to default so that I could program the system.

If you can't program it, the system is useless...

Stupid question...is the R7 password different (send me the answer via PM if you're able...)

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Message 1: posted November 15, 2005 12:16 AM

Yes the R7 has a different backdoor password, which is closely guarded. I don't personally give it out. It can be reset remotely, usually for a charge, unless you are an Avaya Business Partner, contact your supplier.

First time I needed an Avaya (AT&T then) backdoor password (before this board was up) we had their tech support call in and we just put a digit grabber on the line, then we read the 4 digit code back to the support guy after he dialed into the system. He was silent for over 30 seconds on his end! We laughed for weeks. And we DO hold these confidential.

Originally posted by Touch Tone Tommy:
Message 1: [b]posted November 15, 2005 12:16 AM

Yes the R7 has a different backdoor password, which is closely guarded. I don't personally give it out. It can be reset remotely, usually for a charge, unless you are an Avaya Business Partner, contact your supplier. [/b]
That's cool...

We are both a vendor and a business partner, so if I ever need to find it out I can do so...

To be honest, we rarely install the Partner messenger system anymore. If a customer needs those kinds of features, then we usually point them to an Intertel Axxess.

ian Offline
I have a not for profit company that i volunteer for. I set them up a Partner Mail system on an ACS. They need to change their main menu message, and cannot find the mailbox # or password that i wrote down for them.
it has been over a year, and i dont remember it either.

can anyone here help?

they are not for profit and can't really afford the $106 that avaya is charging.

I suppose they can pay something if nobody is willing to donate the few minutes it takes to do the reset, as long as it isnt a lot.

Thanks
ian

ian, please create this as a new topic rather than piggy-backing off of an old one. People will help out much faster that way. Also, please complete your profile so we know who we are helping. Thanks.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,285
Posts638,782
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,761 Shoretel
188,962 CTX100 install
187,197 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 88 guests, and 162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024