web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
has anyone contacted AVAYA about the partner ACS r7 defaulting back too 01-01 when power is removed for more then 1/2 hr. or more??? Replacing the AAA batteries with new ones doesn't help.I have checked this out with 3 other units,and they are all the same.Does anyone have an in at AVAYA? I lost mind when I retired.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

I just installed an R7 today and it loses its programming if shut off for more than 30 seconds. It is easily restored from the NVRAM but the older processor (an R3) held it's programming.

OP Offline
so it sounds like you are having the same problem?did you get the equip. from avaya or a dealer? the problem with this,is if the cust.loses power at any time they're going too be calling.And don't think a UPS is a fix...

For now it can be fixed with a system restore. But I see much trouble. Fortunately the one customer has a UPS. This was purchased from an authorized Avaya distributor.

OP Offline
are you going too call them and let them know the problem you're having?

Yes. Tomorrow. Seems to be an issue with this new release.

That's what you get for using the R7. Bugs on top of bugs. :bang:

Does anyone have an in at AVAYA? I lost mine when I retired.

Well, yeah, I'm an Avaya Business Partner and that's why I always sell R6's. :thumb:

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
My boss was supposed to get ahold of our contact at Catalyst today regarding whom at Avaya to alert to the problem.....

OK, contacted the distributor. They said it was a problem since the R7V1 but now with the R7V2 it is even worse. Apparently the ACS will dump its programming even if it experiences a minor power fluctuation.

Avaya has promised a firmware upgrade. At some point.

This has the potential to be a big problem until Avaya gets their act together. Hard to sell these based on reliability when Avaya ships them with known problems.

OP Offline
thanks for the update.i hope the firmware update is not on a flash card you have too buy,or the equip.has too be sent back too put the patch in.

thanks again.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,456 Shoretel
188,312 CTX100 install
187,086 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (BobRobert, R4+Z), 173 guests, and 286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024