Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#80130 06/26/06 05:44 AM
OP Offline
Our music on hold is not working. We have an Avaya PBX system. I've checked all the obvious things e.g. is the volume turned down? etc. We are using a standard CD player and tuner. The tuner has a standard speaker cable punched down to a 110 block and then that connection goes to our "Aux" trunk port. I can hear music coming out of the CD player when I connect a speaker to the tuner, but when the wire is connected to the Aux port the music is not heard. Could I possibly be missing an entry in software? There is a field on the "system parameters features" screen for "Music On Hold" and it is selected and the associated Aux trunk port is assigned.

Please assist this frustrated tech.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
What kind of phone system do you have? (Partner, Legend, Magix)

I Love FEATURE 00
He is working on a Definity.

So you know the port something like 01AXXXX. Now run the command 'disp feat'. On page 2, you will see facility test calls access code. Write that down or assign one. Now on a phone with a COR that has Facility Access trunk test = Y. Dial your FAC then 01AXXXX. You should hear music.

A=1, B=2, C=3 etc, if you are working on an S series processor then you may have V which = 8.

[Linked Image from phototiki.com]
OP Offline
Thanks "Liguidvw" that worked what next?? How do I get the Music to play when someone is on Hold? Please advise.

Thanks again.

If that works, MOH should work. Try putting someone on hold. If not, try changing the aux port to something else, bad port maybe.

also make sure that someone didn't busy that port. Run the command "disp ala" and make sure there aren't any alarms on your MOH port.

OP Offline
The port is not busied out and is not in "alarm" status. Someone mentioned to me that a year ago they wanted the MOH to "not" work for internal calls. Could something have possibly been deactivated? Is there a way to choose whether the MOH works internally or externally??

Sure check the COR of that station. Under each COR there is a field for Hear system music on hold?. If that = N then everyone with that COR will not hear it.

OP Offline
I got it to work. There is an entry in the COR "Hear system MOH" it was stroked to "N"

Thanks again "Liquidvw" for the help

OP Offline
I got it to work. There is an entry in the COR "Hear system MOH" it was stroked to "N"

Thanks again "Liquidvw" for the help

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,767
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,447 Shoretel
188,305 CTX100 install
187,083 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
3 members (aweaver, Andyreed, Professor Shadow), 183 guests, and 292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024