web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
gsssman Offline OP
OP Offline
I am having a wierd problem with a Partner ACS R7 and Partner Messaging R1 system in a cabinet with the following cards (left to right):

308EC, 400EC, ACSR7, PMR1 with 6 port card, rightmost slot empty.

With the following settings that may be related set:
#505 (Hunt Group 7 Extensions Assigned): 33-38
#506 (VMS Hunt Delay): 2 rings set to lines 01-08 day/night
#507 (VMS Hunt Schedule): All lines set yo Always
#502 (Calling Group 2): Extensions assigned: 10 & 11 for return from AA

The system at first with any #506 setting above 2 rings, would ring the first line on an incoming call about 3 times, then would ring the second line inthe hunt gorup about 3 rings, then the 4th line and so on until it reached the end of the hunt group, then would ring until someone picked up; the auto attendant (AA) never answered. When I set #506 to 2 rings or less, the AA worked flawlessly. That was 3 days ago. The yesterday, even with no settings changes, the odd behavior was exhibitted again; no AA answer and in coing calls einging thru all our hunted lines. Then last night, I called the office main number and the AA was picking up again after 2 rings. I've never seen such strange behaior and hope someone might have a suggestion.

Thanks in advance,
Dino

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Do you mean that the call is physically rolling from line 1 to line 2 and on down the line? If so, then you need to contact your provider. The line is rolling over on no answer rather than just on busy. Once the call rolls to the next line it starts over on the rings to get to VM. Make sense?

gsssman Offline OP
OP Offline
Glacier37, that would have made sense to me too, however the system did not exhibit this behavior until after the Messaging module got installed into the 5 port carrier AND the AA was enabled. I thought too that this could only be accomplished by the phone company, so can't quite figure out where to begin looking now.

Are these POTS lines or something from a PRI channel bank? Or, God forbid, Vonage or some other VOIP provider?

Looks to me like you have the programming correct. Reason why it worked with #506 at 2 rings or less is because the actual (not what you hear) line ringing is something like three rings. Apparently this has become even less yesterday.

You have to monitor the CO line at the demark with a butt set and see what is actually going on. Looks like a ring-trip kind of thing. Nothing wrong with your system, it's a telco issue.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
I would go back to your system and unplug line 1 at the system and then call that number. If it still rolls to line 2 it has to be a provider issue. If we can pinpoint that first it will help.

Are the lines in #206 assigned to vms 7 ?----John

gsssman Offline OP
OP Offline
Gentlemen, all your suggestions sound reasonable to me, and I will be back on site sometime Saturday, so will further check things out based on all your suggestions and report back. Also, I will need to check #206, don't remember off-hand. BTW, these are all POTS lines coming from an Adtran unit connected to a T1 line that the provider Globalcom punched down for us.

...these are all POTS lines coming from an Adtran unit connected to a T1 line that the provider Globalcom...

Ahhha!

As to #206, I'm sure it's correct because the AA wouldn't pick up at all.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
gsssman Offline OP
OP Offline
Gentlemen, here's the update. I stopped by the office Saturday and after disconnecting Line 2 from the Partner, found that indeed the incoming phone calls were rolling from line to line following our hunt group. I called Globalcom and found out hat they programmed our lines to hunt on busy or 3 ring no-answer; dumbest thing I've ever heard. So, they are supposedly reprogramming it Monday so I can post the eventual outcome later Monday or Tuesday. Thanks for all your help here!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
4 members (Toner, curtonpond, Curlycord, Professor Shadow), 90 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024