web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Tell them you want a release 6.0 (or nothing) and send the 7 back.

Trump 2020
Proud 1 star member.
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

OP Offline
To the point: Has ANY Avaya dealer here ACTUALLY APPLIED THE PATCH for the lack of battery backup problem to the ACS ver7? If so, will you please share how it is accomplished? I have the exe file. I just want to get er' done. If so many hundreds of these modules are messed up SOMEONE has to be applying the patches. Sure would appreciate some specific steps. Thanks!

Help someone out today! You will feel GREAT for it!
Get an Advanced replacement so your not stuck. It should'nt be too difficult to reprogram since you've done it many times before... :rolleyes:

Trump 2020
Proud 1 star member.
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Online Content
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Bondo - I have been going around to all our R7 customers and installing the patch.

Yes, it must be installed on a "linear flash card", which is NOT the same a compact flash card.

You power down the ACS, remove any backup/restore cards, any PC Voice Mail cards, then put in the Upgrade Card. Power up, and for the next minute the Power LED on the processor will blink Red and Green. Depending on which revision the R7 was to start with, the light will blink from 94 to 99 times (not a lot to do while you're waiting for the patch to load!!)

After the patch is loaded, the LED turns Solid Green, then Yellow, then Green again.

Now you power down, remove the Upgrade Card, reinstall any Backup or VM Cards, and power back up.

That's it.

Now, you really should stop screwing around with your vendor. Return the R7 for a full refund, or an R6 if you feel like to want to stick with them. They obviously don't know what they are doing from a technicial standpoint.

We have sold thousands of Partner systems over the years, and yes, lots of R7's. I'm not nearly as pessimistic as many on this thread, and still beleive that Avaya is producing some good products, including the Partners and (God forbid!) IP Office. I still really like the Magix system, and wish they were being produced. It all depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

OP Offline
Tommy, thanks SO much for a straightforward complete answer! I appreciate it! Question. If you, as an official Avaya Partner ( I assume ) order some ACS V7 modules WILL THEY ALL HAVE THE PATCH APPLIED? I was told that the items I was purchasing were ALL brand new. Shouldn't this have had the patch already IF it were "brand new"? Have YOU had any bad experiences AFTER installing this patch? So many are making references to MORE trouble being created after this patch is in place. Should I be concerned? I suppose if your answer to the first question is yes, that a newly ordered ACS would have the patch then I'll just demand a new one and be done with it. Thanks for taking the time to help me! Bondo

Man oh Man....are you beating this post to death or what.........

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Bondo, isn't it possible that, maybe, just maybe there was stock around the country before they found the bug? Hence, the patch would not be applied?

Sort of the same as buying Windows XP. Once installed, there are patches/fixes needed.

OP Offline
Mongo, yes, of course that is possible. However it is not probable IF the seller is telling me anything that resembles the truth. He said that he sells more than 200 systems PER MONTH. This flaw was discovered in MAY. I've asked for a brand new FRESH from the factory unit. If it does not arrive I'm returning all. I give up. Sure wouldn't want to beat a post to death.

OP Offline
UPDATE: Here is the most current information. Level 3 Avaya told me that they are fully aware of the defect in that the battery backup does not function. They will apply a firmware patch for me entitled 7.91.I They have also acknowledged that this patch causes every extension to have Auto Privacy permanently turned ON and it cannot be turned off. They are working on 7.91.J that will correct this situation. My salesperson has agreed to replace the ACS7 module in 4 weeks if it isn't 100% to my satisfaction. The service call will not be for a few days. I'll post again after the patch is installed and working. Bondo

I don't thing you're beating it to death Bondo. Thanks for keeping us informed. This may help other in the future.
Bill

Retired phone dude
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,313 CTX100 install
187,087 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 144 guests, and 298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024