Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#82736 01/03/07 07:29 AM
Rodimus Offline OP
OP Offline
How can you block outgoing caller ID info on a partner acs. This is for two POTS Lines. The local Telco stated that they were unable to do it from CO. I was wondering if there was anything in the Programing that allows you to change or turn off the outgoing Caller ID information. I know you can do this with an IPO, but I am not familar with the partner system.

Thank you

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
You can preface the number dialed with *67. That's a CO line feature, not a feature of the ACS. That's the only way you can block outgoing CID on POTS lines. Some telcos offer the optional service of fixed CID blocking by dialing *82, but there's an extra monthly charge for it.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Rodimus Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks that is what I thought. I was reading other places on the net, and it looked like their best bet would be a PRI or something. The problem they are having is their provider is telling them they do not support blocking caller id...

Thanks much for you help and confirming..

True, you can definitely do it with a PRI, but is their system capable of supporting one? That's mighty expensive for sure. I assumed that they are just using POTS lines. Is it Verizon or Citizens that you are dealing with? Most CLECs will allow this from what I have seen.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
The only way I could find to do what you are asking is what Ed said... *67 and the number over a standard Potts line.

To Succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone. ..Reba McEntire
You can also buy analog "widget" (essentially a little dialer) that goes right on the CO line that will dial *67 before passing additional digits. Not very expensive. Probably a Radio Shack item...
Mike

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,793
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,202 Shoretel
188,992 CTX100 install
187,380 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nortelvoip), 125 guests, and 359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024