web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
This is what I need to do but don't think it can happen.

Scenario: The Call gets answered by live person with A VS 5 mail. The person who answers the phone would like to transfer the caller to an announcement that after playing hangs up. I would think I could transfer to a Selector code announcement in a group assignment like 775 or something of that nature. What am I forgetting?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

You could transfer to a mailbox and record your announcement as the personal greeting but it isn't going to hang up. It will give the caller a beep and start recording. Take my word for it won't work because people will say something and the mailbox will fill up.

What I would do is use something like a Premier Technologies CH 6000 or DVR 1800 depending on the call volume. Set these up as extensions and transfer to them for the announcement.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
find a ans machine with call announce for about 40 dollars wired to a station port

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
On the VS R.5 can't you set a mail box to no-record mode in the call answer service menu for that box?

If so you could do what Hal suggested with VS R.5.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
I don't believe the R5 does that Mike.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
You are correct Hal.
I found an old user guide for the VS R.5 and it does not.

1= create message
2= listen
3= greeting
4= PO
5= password
6= outcalling
7= lists
8= transfer
9= operator

My Bad.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
OP Offline
Thanks All. I did not think it would do it but I thought just maybe.. it could be tricked.

An answering device like a viking DVA-line powered digital announcer or a cheap answering machine would do the trick. Thanks!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024