web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have a client running a Merlin Legend Release 10 with a DuVoice voicemail. The problem is that the message waiting lights on the non-display (mlx6??) phones will not light up, yet it works all day long on all the mlx10dp's. We have tried to manually light the lights from mlx phones and from the vmail ports, but can not get the non-display phones to light that message light. any ideas?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

No such thing like Legend rel.10(the latest is 7.0) and no such animals like MLX-6(5,10D,DP& ND) ,16D,DP,ND,20L(Consol),28D,DP). We need right information.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
If those are MLS-6 phones (Partner phones on an ETR card), they are notorious for having bad MW lights.

You could try going off hook, and dialing *00 to enter the test mode. See if the LEDs light up.

Hey Tommy,
I remember there was some restrictions on MWL on some phone models on Legend because those phones used to have AC LED instead of DC. I just don't remember which type.

The DuVoice integrates with the Legend/Magix extremely well, and I doubt it's the source of your problem.

Dial *00 (star zero zero) from an intercom or System Access button. All the LEDs and LCD elements should light up.

I've got one other thing to try, but I want to prove that the MWL actually works first.

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein
OP Offline
First I appologize, I have a 4 week old son at home and sleep in not common.

To clarify it is MLX 5 phones (about 30 of them in total) and the processor says (hand written) 5.0 v10,0.

Dagwood, all the lights light up when dialing *00 including the message lamp.

OP Offline
we got it corrected!!!

Turns out that they were still under maintenance from Avaya until the end of the month, Avaya told us that only an "Operator" extenison can turn MWL's on and off of 5 button sets and Operators can only reside on the first 4 cards. That didn't help us very much because the 016 card is in the 2nd cabinet, but it did get us looking at other things. Ended up being that the message waiting port was not in the 770 group (as specifically recomended by DuVoice on their website for integration with legend and magix), as soon as we added it to the group the lights all started working. I guess, according to what Avaya told us, is that 770 is considered an "operator" group...

That is an amazing detail about the 770 group and MLX-5 phones. So when the MWL port (the last one on the DuVoice) is NOT in the hunt, then it is able to light all phones EXCEPT any MLX-5 sets.

Thank you for posting back with the details of how it all shook out. It helps everyone.

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein
RIP Moderator
RIP Moderator
Actually, whoever you were talking to at AVAYA was a little off.

No, 770 is not an "OPERATOR" Group.

It is a CALLING Group.

To be specific, it is an INTEGRATED VOICE MAIL (VMI) calling group.

That means that it is "Authorized" to turn on and off MESSAGE LIGHTS.

The extensions are not "OPERATOR" extensoins, they are VOICE MAIL extensions.

And, YES, extensions OTHER THAN Operator extensions can TOGGLE Message Waiting Lights.

But, the bottom line is, you got it working.

Congrats!

But, since they were still under Maintenance from Avaya, AVAYA should have stepped up to the plate and taken care of this.

RULE NUMBER 2, "THINKIN' WON'T GET IT, YOU GOTTA KNOW!" RULE NUMBER 3, if you need TIER-3 SUPPORT on a LEGEND or MAGIX, go to http://home.comcast.net/~merlinman -

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,701 CTX100 install
186,789 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 105 guests, and 128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024