web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Traditionally, it is called "hash" or "sharp" in the Unix world as well.

I know what Mike is talking about, and it works well. By the way, that was a perfect description of the solution.

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

No Bell Offline OP
OP Offline
I've now looked into the "excessive play in the plastic parts" issue on my original post(part B) - all the inspected phones have lots of play. Oh well, not the problem.

I have solved my problem by putting a washer on the PCB alignment post next to the hookswitch. The washer goes between the flexible membrain and the top(button) half of the phone. I used an 1/8" back-up PopRivit washer. What this did was move the PCB and membrain away from the plastic paddle on the hookswitch.

The other posts above, I believe, were in reference to the Style II phones and recommended triming a "standoff". I may still do that to a similar standoff located next to the hookswitch on the base of the phone if neccessary.

I used the washer instead of trimming first, because it seemed to me the trimming would only work where gravity played a role. If I were to wall mount the phone, gravity would no longer help.

Remember this is on the first version phones, not the newer Style II units.

Rick

No Bell Offline OP
OP Offline
mforrence,

Just used your advice on the new Euro II style phone about triming the standoff - worked great.

Thanks
Rick

That's like the # sign on the dial pad.................I have always know it as pound, but now Avaya's new term for it in the IPO world is hash.

Just reading this thread again since it's been "bumped". The reason Avaya calls it "hash" is because the manufacturer of the IPO is British and they write the manuals. They also use other terms like "fitted with" in place of "installed". Blimey!

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
No Bell Offline OP
OP Offline
The most technical and precise word I have found for the "#" is octothorpe. It's worth a web search.

Try to tell the receptionist in an office to press "octothorpe" and see what you get.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
No Bell Offline OP
OP Offline
You get a good conversation, a new word for the receptionist's vocabulary and a story to tell. AND you'll be remembered!

This problem has been going on for a long time, and still out of the last 10 phones I installed recently 7 out of 10 had switch hook problems..

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
cvrbob
Where are you getting your phones from, I hardly ever run into bad ones.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
MetroLine, they admitted to getting a bad shipment

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,285
Posts638,782
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,762 Shoretel
188,962 CTX100 install
187,200 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 101 guests, and 175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024