web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Mars Offline OP
OP Offline
I recently installed a call accounting software on my customers Parter R7. Everything was working fine, seeing inbound traffic, seeing outbound traffic. all was good. Now things have slowed down customer took a look at system and noticed things were not working as advertised. I spoke with Tapit, of course they say the problem is with the Partner. I spoke with my distributer, of course they say problem is with Tapit. I have checked all programming in the Partner SMDR I have all calls logging, set for 24 digit transmission. I just can not seem to figure out why I am not seeing inbound caller ID, Partner shows the caller ID in the display. Tapit does not record it.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

www.tspa.us
Tri-State Voice and Data Servicing Tadiran, Nortel, and Avaya; in Pittsburgh and surrounding areas.
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
You could hook-up a serial printer to the SMDR port of the Partner to see if the Partner is sending out the info correctly.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
If you using T1 card incoming ID will not recorded. Only on POTS lines. If you have POTS lines it is possible that customer uses CID only on Main line or if Operator or VM unswers calls to fast. Try to make it ring twice before unswer.

Admin
Admin
I would open a hyperterm session on the PC the Tapit is on. Stop the Tapit program first of course. You will capture raw info from the Processor. If you see it raw then then it's a Tapit issue..if you don't it's your problem Partner. (Bad Texas humor)

[Linked Image]
Mars Offline OP
OP Offline
vad, you are right that the customer doesn't have caller ID on lines 2,3, and 4. I have addressed these issues. Tapit has the serial application that shows all the information that the partner is sending. It does not show the caller ID. I guess I am going to have to go on a search for a serial printer. Then get back to my distributer and make them send me a new processor.

will a POS serial printer work for me? I saw one for like 12.00 online. I do not really have much need for a serial printer other than this. I would hate to spend 100-150 bucks on one.

www.tspa.us
Tri-State Voice and Data Servicing Tadiran, Nortel, and Avaya; in Pittsburgh and surrounding areas.
Admin
Admin
Call me silly but you just said the Tapit monitor shows no CID sent from the Partner. If they don't have Caller ID on lines 2,3,and 4 what would a printer show that the hyperterm/monitor program wouldn't? Just show the customer the screen shot of a completed call.

[Linked Image]
RBF is absolutely right. TAPIT has nothing to show on lines 2,3 & 4 eccept IN. Only line #1 is going to show you complete incoming record. So, you dont need to change Processor card.

Admin
Online Content
Admin
Call me crazy, but why don't you swap lines 1&2 and call in on the main number, now line 2? If CID is printed out, move it to 3 then 4 and do the same thing. If you display CID on 4 lines, you have solved your problem and it's the customer's move.

It seems sort of trivial......

Carl

Mars Offline OP
OP Offline
Line 1 does not show me the complete incomming record, that is my problem. I do not expect to see CID on lines 2,3 and 4. Customer has just ordered CID for those lines from the LEC.

Most entries are IN* (with astrik) on line one.
some are IN (no astrik) on line 1.

It still seems like I need to prove that the problem is not my processor, Tapit still claims it is.

Will cheap serial POS printer do what I need it to do?

Is there anything that I am missing with how CID is transmitted through smdr port? Set in Partner to log all calls, set for 24 digits CID transmits to phones on incomming calls on line 1. Does not show up in Tapit. This really has my head scratching.

www.tspa.us
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Turn on SMDR talk time in #611. Run hyperterminal and capture the output for a while, to verify what you are getting, then go back to tapit and compare. Send a copy of the raw output to tapit, perhaps they need to tweak settings as to where they expect strings to begin and end. I've had 2 different call accounting packages recently that needed their settings changed for ACS.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,774
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,469 Shoretel
188,336 CTX100 install
187,097 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
3 members (Carl Navarro, hbiss, pvj), 162 guests, and 176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024