Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Originally posted by Lightninghorse:
Assuming I understand, correctly, that you have 3 each 30 watt horns connected to your PagePac 20, you have exceeded the rating of your PagePac by a factor of 4.5. In other words, you are tryng to drive 90 watts of load with a 20 watt source. The answer is not only no, but h-ll no. Is the audio the least bit intelligible ? If you really meant 3 3 watt horns, the answer is yes, as long as you don't try to load more than 11 watts onto the 70 volt tap. But, it's not a good idea, problems can arise when someone else works on the system, and they will, unless it's in your house! smile John C.

"Let Everything Be Done Decently and In Order" 1 Corinthians 14:40
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

OP Offline
Wait a minute. I did not install this equipment. I personally would not have used the set-up that the original installer used. I had been thinking that the Avaya #52001 horns were self amplified but I saw no power supply for them. I think that the installer tapped them at 3.7 Watts setting. I will confirm that today. As I read it in the PagePac 20 manual, you can mix horns, some on J5 (voice coil) and some on the 70 volt J4. As long as I don't exceed the wattage rating on the amp, I think it will be find. Will find out soon enough. :bang: Thanks, Al

OP Offline
Originally posted by hbiss:
Ummm, haven't we already answered this question for you in your other thread?

-Hal
Yes, to a degree. I did not want to blow the amp, so I thought I would try to get a definitive answer, one with certainty. Since I always use Bogen or Valcom, I have had to familiarize myself with the Avaya. I appreciate the help.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
I thought Avaya paging amplifiers were re-badged Bogen amplifiers. :confused:

I Love FEATURE 00
It's always best to update a thread when you have something to add about the topic, especially if you are the original poster. Don't start a new topic that just continues a previous one because there is information in both that some people may not be aware of.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
I thought Avaya paging amplifiers were re-badged Bogen amplifiers.

No. A lot of the original Page Pac line was made by Harris who usually made top of the line stuff but this wasn't their best effort. It's about the size of a US Robotics dial up modem and the design calls for RCA cables to be run for the speakers, hence the RCA connectors on the outputs.

Believe me, if he blew that thing up he would be doing himself a favor but it's pretty bullet proof.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
Thanks for the additional input. I will take care of this tomorrow.

Al :banana:

OP Offline
As a follow up to my page horn dilemma, here's how I resolved it:

The three existing page horns, Avaya 52001 were home run to the frame. I took the horn at the furthest position out from the frame and ran a cable horn to horn have two horns on one run. I moved one of the closer 52001s out to the end of the cable I ran and got that going on the original voice coil output. I then took the Bogen horn that I had purchased and installed that on the home run cable I had previously removed the existing horn. I then connected a phono plug to the 70V line output on back of the PagePac 20, adjusted the tap at 3.7 Watts on the page horn and got it going. Problem solved. Running both voice coil and 70 V by using both outputs but not exceeding the 20 Watts. A little lower volume, but it works fine. Thanks for all of your help.

Al

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,289
Posts638,797
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,353 Shoretel
189,018 CTX100 install
187,394 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
3 members (Toner, Yoda, www.telcom1.net), 117 guests, and 412 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024