web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
MAP5/P is integrated with a Prologix via mode code. All channels are in service and assigned unique extensions in the Prologix AUDIX hunt group.

AUDIX covers calls made to extensions perfectly. Users can login and retrieve messages. AUDIX triggers MWL correctly.

The Auto Attendant is where I'm having trouble. I can reach an extension via *T (basic call transfer) while the main greeting plays, however I cannot tranfer via button options. A non-default greeting is recorded, and my menu option is set to "e" for extension and the action set to "transfer". When I choose this option, I get the infamous "Transfer cannot be completed. Try again...later. Please disconnect."

I have created an allowed number list in the AUDIX and the COS in the Intuity and Prologix seems fine. Arghhh! I must have "man vision" (the problem is right in front of me and I can't see it).

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

[Linked Image from phototiki.com]
OP Offline
Thank you very much, liquidvw. I saw that thread previously, but it wasn't clear what was or wasn't working for escomm12.

So even though *T works, I have to use DCIU in order to get the "e" thing from the Auto Attendant to work? I don't see much of a technical difference between the two types of transfer.

The MAP5 in question is one that I "resuscitated" for the customer. They claim that they were able to poke in an extension from the Attendant and get through to to an individual. Yet there is no MPDM laying around or DCIU card in the Intuity.

Since I'm taxed with recreating (what is claimed) to be the original menu choices, I need to know if they're full of it. Perhaps there's a way to force one of the menu choices to sneak in a *T before the user input?

Chris Howard
Chris Howard
DCIU link integration isn't the answer, first of all you can't use DCIU link with a prologic switch. check the form ( display sys fea ) look at page 3, transfer restrictions, It needs set to ( digits ) and the featire should work. This form can only be changed with the root or tsc password. Also, on the Auto-attendent form change the treatment field to call-answer and make a test call. if that takes you to the mail box. then the problem isn't the Intuity audix. The problem is in the switch. call me if you have any questions or If can help.

William C. Howard
OP Offline
Thank you, Chris. As you know, I've got root access and I'll take your advice. Look for my follow up post in a few days.

OP Offline
FYI. There's a killer doc on DCIU integration (for older Definity and System 75 switches) at https://www.avayadocs.com/elmodocs2/definity/def_r10_new/r5_1/310257_3.pdf

OP Offline
I hesitate to post because three sequential pics of my ugly face might kill or frighten someone.

However...

The root login + Vex cmd line allowed me to tweak the Transfer Restrictions to "digits". The Call-Answer test worked flawlessly (control remained with the AUDIX), so any transfer failures were indeed PBX related.

There was some super weirdness with forwarding of AUDIX hunt-groups that made this problem more problematic. However, my side of the street was clean; allowing me to finger-point to the freak that programmed the PBX to begin with.

I'm good. I owe a lot of gratitude (and a check) to neh-telecom. Thank you.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,461 Shoretel
188,329 CTX100 install
187,093 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 128 guests, and 277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024