Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
reidtel Offline OP
OP Offline
I've got a customer that migrated from a Partner System to a Legend 7.0. It was initially set up for a 2 digit dial plan because the customer wanted to keep the same extension numbers as they had on the Partner. Now they are expanding to about 70 stations and of course the 2 digit plan stops at x66. Is there any workaround that can allow me to renumber the new extensions to 2 digit? I know there are many brilliant minds in this forum, so I hope someone will save me from the wrath of this lady when I tell her they have to go to a 3 digit dial plan. By the way, whoever installed it put the MLM in one of the middle slots. I can pick up some extra 2 digit extensions by putting it at the end but I will still need more. Thanks for any suggestions.

Larry

Authorized Avaya Business Partner
GA
Admin
Admin
I'd tell her if she can figure how to get 70 plus 2 digit extensions out of the numbering plan then she needs to be a university mathematician. Otherwise tell her you have have to add a 1 or 2 in front of their existing extension numbers and live with it like the rest of the world.

[Linked Image]
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Online Content
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
You can renumber the voice mail ports to somthing out of the range, so that you can recover those 2 digit numbers.

Lets see, 70 2 digit extensions would run from 10 through 89. That only leaves 9 for ARS. You have NOWHERE to go with all the leftovers like lines, calling groups, paging, etc. etc.

You're going to have to put the system in setup space, and then renumber them back to 3 digit exensions, in a range like 100-199, keeping the last 2 digits the same as the original 2 digit extension numbers.

[Linked Image from touchtonetommy.com]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Advertising Sponsor
Most Recent 5 Post
Samsung pro star dcs
by bditech - 03/07/21 01:00 AM
Samsung DCS power failure
by Telesystems - 03/06/21 09:55 PM
Samsung pro star dcs
by bditech - 03/06/21 05:09 PM
Old Equipment Plan
by MarkAtLMFJ - 03/05/21 04:41 PM
OS 7400 OAS
by John807 - 03/05/21 04:21 PM
Popular Topics (Views)
Forum Statistics
Forums95
Topics94,290
Posts639,121
Members49,425
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Today's Birthdays
[email protected], norb, quartra
Newest Members
Sam Juniper, B Ledford, Jonie4, James Wright, TechnoloJay
49,425 Registered Users
Get Tech Support Now! Click the banner below
Get Tech Support Now!
EMP & Lightning Home Surge Protection
EMP - Click Here!
Top Posters (30 Days)
dexman 32
Ruben 25
pvj 14
Linked Banner to your Product or Website
EMP Shield for Commercial - Home & Vehicle
Use Coupon code SAVE - Click Here!
Who's Online Now
17 members (JBean3329, justbill, hitechcomm, nfcphoneman, dexman, Retro-Phones, sketchypro, pvj, bditech, Yoda, MooreTel, BobRobert, nameless, Touch Tone Tommy, Silversam, hbiss, sundance), 140 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Custom Island 58
Contact Us | Telephone System Tech Support | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2021
Trusted Partners