web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
gman186 Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a Merlin Legend configured as PBX. 2 questions dealing with operator lines:
If PBX is already configured and I want to change the operator extension to a differnet extension that is already setup. Can I set that up without reconfiguring the system and to an already assigned extension?
2nd question: On unanswered calls after the call is dropped, it rings the assigned operator phones and shows it in display as "Return". How do I stop this from occuring?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

gman,
Could you take a moment to complete your profile with ,location ,occupation ,etc.

You have to take lines assignment from Operator's phone first then delete that Operator position and reassign to new one. You don't have to reconfigure the systen but switch will reseted itself. Usually "return" or "recall" happend on Single line Panasonic phones and this
is cause of Hook Flash timing different then American standart.

gman186 Offline OP
OP Offline
I did update profile. thanks!

These are not differnet type of phones, these are Avaya MLX-10/MLX5 MLX20.. Does anyone know why I get a "return" when phone disconnects on operator line?

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Can't decipher question 1 as to what you want to do. Do you just want to change the Operator's extension number to something that is already in use, or you want to make someone else the Operator? Could you expand on what you want to do.

Question 2 - what is the senario? A call transferred to an extension and unanswered? An incoming call answered by the Auto Attendant, but the caller hung up instead of selecting a destination?

gman186 Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes I want to reassign the operator function to an extension# that is already in use. Example I have ext# 10 & 14 as opertors (no phones presently hooked up to them) I want ext# 22 (already assigned & have a phone configured)to be an opertaor.I do not really have a need at the moment for 2 operators extensions. I was told before that a non-operator extension can not have 2 line appearances for 2 incoming outside calls that is the main reason I am changing it.
Question#2 deals with incoming outside calls presently I believe no AA, and phone call hangs up or is answered by a network voicemail and on operator phone only it sends a ring back to operator phone w/ "Return" in display.

OK, the Operator extensions are restricted to certain ports on the system, the 1st and 5th if you have a 412TDL card. So you would have to physically rewire either Ext. 10 or 14 to where Ext. 22 is currently, then renumber the current 22 to "something else" so that you can renumber the Operator extension to 22.

"Return" in the display deals with a call transferred to another extension, that didn't pick up the transferred call, and didn't cover to Messaging, coming back to the extension that transferred it in the 1st place. If the transfer return rings is lower than the voice mail cover rings, the call will come back instead of cover to voice mail. So, still not sure who answered the call 1st, what they did with it, where it went, to figure out why it would be returning.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,113 Shoretel
187,718 CTX100 install
186,811 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (ronaldjamesh, justbill), 59 guests, and 425 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024