Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#86816 10/18/07 03:32 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I have a customer that has a six year old Partner Plus with 3 206 mods and a voicemail card. For the past 6 weeks or so i have been fighting static. with a phone pluged directly into a port there is static ... typical Partner static... I have swaped out the cards and the static comes back. The stations affected are 16 and 17. I have tried to wiggle the cards and monitor the static... it doesn't change. if you monitor the port with a butt set you can hear static with out the phone being off hook or even connected. I have two of the customers cards in a carrier at my office and of course I get NO static, I know the cards and carriers are somewhat tempermental. I hate to have service recalls but have been out there about 5 times in the past two months. If anybody has anything.... well I'm listening.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

#86817 10/18/07 05:06 AM
How is the temperature around the system? How about air-flow? Did somebody recently put a box on or near the system?

#86818 10/18/07 05:44 AM
I had the same problem at a lawyers office. I finally put a clip-on fan directed at the top of the modules and kept the cover to the system off. I have not had a service call for that problem in the last 3 years at that location.

Tony the Phoneman
#86819 10/18/07 06:02 AM
Enter "static" and "partner" in the search tool. There is a long history of static in the Partner 206 modules. Cooling--or lack thereof--seems to account for some of these problems, but slowly dying hardware seems to explain the rest.

If the same boards that cause static at your customer site DON'T cause static in your test setup, then you've probably answered your own question. It's gotta be a backplane or Proc card.

I'd love to know what Hal thinks here.

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein
#86820 10/18/07 06:11 AM
Partners shouldn't be "somewhat temperamental" or have typical "Partner static". Normally a static problem such as you describe is caused by a bad module. Refurb 206E's are famous for this since the static problem starts out as an intermittant. Most refurbishers barely catch the obvious problems and if there is no static during a two second check it gets marked OK and sold.

There is no such thing as a 6 year old Partner Plus or 206E's. Your customer's Partner system has been around the block a few times when they purchased it. So problems like this are not unusual especially given the odds in favor of getting static prone 206Es from refurb suppliers as I mentioned above.

What I would do is use this opportunity to sell an upgrade to an ACS and some 308s.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
#86821 10/18/07 10:29 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
thanks guys

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,793
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,267 Shoretel
188,995 CTX100 install
187,385 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 150 guests, and 404 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024