web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Scatter Offline OP
OP Offline
This should be a pretty basic question (i think). How does a local incoming call get to its destination?

I need to understand how our "main business line" gets to the AA during the day.

Main AA is x6666
Hunt Group 98 is ext 6666
Night destination on incoming trunk group page says 6696

TIA. I will almost surely have follow up questions.

System: G3xV13
Software: R013x.01

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

RIP Moderator-General
RIP Moderator-General
Scatter....there a lot's of ways the call can be directed to a certain location...i.e; VDN, DID, Attendant...LDN, Going to need a little more info on how your system is set up at this point...Do you PRI Trunking? 2-Way CO? DID?

6696 is probably a "night mailbox" that is set up when "night" button is pressed on console.

Little more info please !!!!

Bob Wells
WellComm, Inc.

"As long as nobody's dead or in jail, it can't be all that bad ! "
There are lots of ways that this can be setup. Lets start from hunt group 98. My guess that 6666 is a DID. Correct? So then 201-555-6666 would be your main number and that would hit hunt 98. From there I'm guessing that hunt group 98 has no members. 'disp hunt 98' page 3+. If I'm correct so far then hunt 98 does have both a coverage path and night service destination. During the day, calls will follow the coverage path. 'disp cov p X'. The cover path might have 2 locations. The first being the attd and the second your voice mail hunt group. hXX. So a call comes in, it covers, rings the attd 3 times and goes to your voice mail (audix). In audix, 'disp sub 6666'. I bet that is your day auto attendant, page 3 will show you whats going on there.

The attd console probably has a night hunt button. "hunt-ns grp:X" where X is your hunt group number. 'disp att 1' to see the attd. When that is pressed the hunt group follows the night service destination. That could work a few ways. 'list extension 6696'. Tell me the what is listed for "type" and we'll follow it from there.

[Linked Image from phototiki.com]
Scatter Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks guys, here we go.
No 6666 isnt a DID and no we dont have PRI's installed. Im actually doing this as part of a project to get both of those in place this month. All our trunks are t-1. 6696 isnt a night mailbox, its a huntgroup with no mailbox associated with that ext. I think used to be a night mailbox. Our sttendant said she used to have to push the night button when she left but now we use the business schedule. However, this is only marked on one of our 4 trunks....and its an outbound trunk. No night service is defined on our inbound trunk.

Liquid, correct hunt 98 has no members.

Let me jump off something liquid mentioned. If 6666 was a DID how would it get to hunt 98?

The coverage path associated with h98 has one stop, h99. h99 has 12 members, all our audix entensions.

IM around the rest of the day and will be checking in frequently. thanks guys.

'disp hunt 98'. Whats the group extension? 6666? I bet it is. If not there may be some conversion taking place at the trunk group level. On CM3.X use, 'disp inc trunk X' to see if your main number is being converted to another number.

h99 is your voice mail hunt group. When a call covers to h99, it goes to voice mail.

[Linked Image from phototiki.com]
Scatter Offline OP
OP Offline
that command returns, "the trunk group must either be an ISDN or SIP trunk group. Ours is a T-1.

And yes the group ext is 6666.

Scatter Offline OP
OP Offline
I think I figured it out. I just learned about the auto attendant routing table. 6696 is pointed to 6666 during business hours and the night service is our night AA. Makes sense. I still dont understand why this isnt listed as the inc dest on the incoming trunk though.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,767
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,453 Shoretel
188,305 CTX100 install
187,083 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (aweaver), 170 guests, and 299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024