Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
cegast Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a Partner ACS 7. My problem is when someone is on the phone and another line rings you can hear the ringing through your line and the person on the other end also hears it. It is a clicking sound as opposed to a ring. I have eliminated the 400ec board and the carrier by elimination. I disconnected 1 ext at a time and still have the problem. Any suggestions?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Sounds to me like you have crosstalk in the CO line wiring going to the ACS. This many times is because there is old quad or JK type of wire- red/green/black/yellow someplace.

There also may be a problem with the service provider, the OSP or a short somewhere in your wiring.

You should be able to duplicate this problem by disconnecting the lines from the ACS and connecting two regular telephones. Pick one up and call the other from your cell. Then go back to the demarc or NID and perform the same test. If the problem is still there it is a telco problem.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
or you may have a bad processor. I've seen this on 206's before. and the fix is to replace the 206. Or in your case the R7.

What Hal says is true. If you don't have two single line phones, disconnect lines from the ACS, connect your test set at the dmarc to one of the trunks that is having the problem. With a screw driver or needle nose, short out the pairs of any of the other lines that are having the problem. If you hear clicking in your test set while shorting the other pairs, the problem is not in your inside wiring or system but most likely with telco.

Larry

Larry

Authorized Avaya Business Partner
Since you already have a 400, if you temporarily move the offending lines off of the ACS an onto the 400 that will definately rule out the system if the problem is still there.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
The easiest way to test the ACS is to just hook one phone to a station port, that you have heard the static or noise on, then loop a station port into a co port (also the one you have heard the noise on) and dial that station number. If you can hear the same static or noise you will know it is a port or bad card. I have had that problem on just one port and on all ports of a card. Let us know what you find.

cegast Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks to all who replied! I will be working on the system this weekend and will let you know the results!

Clarence

Hi. I have the same issue with a partner 4.1 system.

It seems to only be on one card, and just a couple extensions on that card.

I was also thinging that it might be on the block where our lines were punched down.

Has anyone attempted the above? I will give it a shot in the evening this week.

Thanks!

Hi,

I just checked the block where the lines are punched down. Rather than using single-pair cables to run from the block to the phone system (for the individual lines) they used Cat5e cable for each line, and just twisted up the unused pairs for each cable. Do you guys thing this could be the cause of the noise?

Thanks!

It seems to only be on one card, and just a couple extensions on that card...

There's your way to troubleshoot. Temporarily move an offending extension to the port of one that is not having the problem. If the problem goes away on that phone you know that it's the card.

I just checked the block where the lines are punched down. Rather than using single-pair cables to run from the block to the phone system (for the individual lines) they used Cat5e cable for each line, and just twisted up the unused pairs for each cable.

If the CO line wiring were a problem it wouldn't affect only certain extensions. You would have the problem on all extensions where those lines appear.

-Hal

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,316 CTX100 install
187,089 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
dexman 2
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 183 guests, and 346 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024