Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#88454 01/31/08 03:31 AM
reidtel Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a customer that is ordering pri service on their merlin legend. They want to use the pri for did service also. I need to know if there is any additional programming needed for the did. The t1 vendor wants to know if the isdn version is NI1 or NI2 and number of digits sent/outpulsed. I know that the legend supports NI1, but I'm assuming the number of digits sent should correspond to the ext. dial plan. If there is additional programming I need to be aware of, I'd appreciate your advice. Thanks.

Larry

Larry

Authorized Avaya Business Partner
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

I don't know what programming is already in place, so it's difficult to say whether additional translations are necessary. I've got a rock-solid cheat sheet that I can send you along with a note or two about DID if you'd like.

Technically, the Legend supports "AT&T Custom" protocol only. In my mind, Custom or 5ESS protocol is distinctly different from NI1 or NI2. National ISDN was developed and standardized by Bellcore, while AT&T had other ideas. There was a time when 5ESS protocol was king, but NI2 has long since been favored.

Anyway, I've noticed that a lot of carriers these days use the term "NI1" to mean either AT&T Custom or NI1, which I find misleading. Ask your carrier if 5ESS or Custom protocol is supported.

If the number of digits sent by the carrier matches your dialplan, then it's a cinch. If they don't, you have to build entries in your Route By Dialplan table to add, remove or substitute digits in order to manipulate what is being sent.

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Also your PRI provider should supply you with a cut sheet of how the circuit is going to be configured.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
reidtel Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks guys. I'm accustomed to 5ESS protocol also, but it's been a couple of years since having to do a new pri install. Never got many while with Avaya. I will check with carrier about supported protocols. Please PM me your cheat sheet. That would be a great help. Thanks again.

Larry

Larry

Authorized Avaya Business Partner
I have an Avaya Merlin Legend R7 V10.0
Slot 10 100D-U card set as Primary Clock
Slot 17 100D a working T1 supertrunk

Slot 10 was being used for a T1 Supertrunk. I changed providers and wanted a PRI with caller-id

On the providers end they are using Custom for their switchtype

The provider sees my D channel up, but B's are down.

I set slot 10 for PRI
Switchtype: 5ESS
Frame format: ESF
Supression: BSZS
CSU: Foreign Exchange (I have a Paradyne unit attached to the legend)
Line Compensation: 1
Clock Sync: It was Primary, this is the first 100D-U card in the system. My provider seems to think this is incorrect, it shouldn't be used for Primary clock, but Avaya docs say the first 100D should be the Primary clock

My provider thinks the CSU needs no configuration change since it was being used for a Supertrunk

1. Any help you can suggest would be appreciated.
2. Can I get the cheat sheet also?

Welcome to the board Harold!

My first helpful suggestion is that you pose your question in a unique post. While your situation is similar to what reidtel is experiencing, it's best to start fresh. More eyes will see your request for help and--more importantly--the solution to your problem will probably differ from that of the original poster. Look for the "Post New Topic" link at the upper right side of this webpage (just below the "Apparel" button).

If what you posted represents the totality of your programming changes from the Supertrunk config, then a little more work is necessary. If you'll respond to the PM I sent you, I'll forward over my cheat sheet.

Also note that I'm in Upland, which is just a click away from Industry. If it comes down to it, my personal assistance is always an option.

Thanks for the tip, I'll re-post as you suggested.

I checked under "My Profile" and don't see a PM. Am I looking in the correct place?

I will appreciate the cheat sheet you mentioned.

Thanks!

The board's server was a little "sticky" this morning.

PM re-sent.

P.S. Whoever moved this post is a champ in my book. Thanks!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,793
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,296 Shoretel
188,996 CTX100 install
187,388 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 168 guests, and 401 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024