web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#90384 06/22/08 06:59 AM
OP Offline
I recently installed a Partner R7 system in my home with the voice messaging pc card (small). Not for any real reason other than I could and wanted voice messaging and the ability to forward calls to my cell phone. That all doesn't matter though. I set the system up originally using the PC administration software for 4 18D phones and 2 standard sets. I setup the voice mail originally for the default 4 boxes and it worked fine. This was for about a week, in that time I figured exactly how I wanted to program the system and part of that plan was to reconfigure the messaging to 2 boxes. This was easy enough, once It was done re-setting I was able to log in and record the greeting. Now about half an hour or so later i tried logging in again and all i received was a busy signal (777) I waited and this is all I get. I tried calling into x78 and 79 but they both tone busy. I tried a system re-set and that didn't work, then i figured maybe those ports were busy for some reason unknown to me so i programed buttons on x10 so i could see the status of 78 and 79. They were not "busy". I then powered the system down, removed the card, and powered it back up, I figured no card no way to be busy? well I get the same busy signal on 777 and both ports. Now i don't know if i have a problem with the system itself or the pc card. Any help or information is greatly appreciated.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Sounds like the R.7 control unit isn't recognizing the PC card.
Are x78 and x79 still assigned in 505?

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
OP Offline
Yes 505 hunt group 7 still has x78 and x79 assigned. It is normal for the system to tone these extensions busy when there is no card installed as well correct?

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Yeah, if you don't have the PC card mail installed in the control unit you will get a busy when trying to dial the VM or the VM ports.

Have you contacted the people you bought this equip. from about warranty?

www.regal-comm.com
OP Offline
I will be contacting them tomorrow morning, I just wanted to be sure it was the PC card and not the control unit. I appreciate your help.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Well actually it could be ether one. The control unit or the PC card.
That's where the people you bought it from can send a tech out to troubleshoot what the exact problem is.

www.regal-comm.com
OP Offline
Well, I know who I will be calling tomorrow. Thank you for your help. At least I know that its nothing that I did, or failed to do. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
If you do a default reset on the PC mail more then likely it will come up and work agian.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
OP Offline
Thanks Russ. Is that part of #728 ? If not can you PM me on the procedure? I have all the passwords that I set for the system.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Actually, you can't default it if you can't log into it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,793 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, dexman), 54 guests, and 245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024