Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
qoscs Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello all,

I am looking to find some information on how to hook up an overhead paging system using a Lucent Partner ACS, model 103G. The customer I am doing this for has 6 Radio Shack Power horns rated at 50w rms, with 8 ohm impedance. He also has a Valcom 2000-a one way page control.
The Partner has a page port on the KSU, but I'm wondering a). do i even need the Valcom 2000-a? and b). can anybody recommend an amplifier to use for this application? The power horns only have -/+ inputs, nothing for power.
Also - the customer would like to have music playing in the background when the paging system is not in use, but for the music to stop when a page is being made.

Any help you could provide would be IMMENSELY appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Hmmm, where to start. First, no, you don't need the Valcom 2000. You can't use those speakers either, too many for an 8 ohm system. Replace them with 70 volt versions then use one of the Bogen TPU amps with a 70 volt output. It will connect directly to the page port on the ACS and whatever you will use for a music source. It will duck the music during a page.

I would suggest that since you are not familiar with paging systems you bone up on 70 volt constant voltage distributed systems or put this job in the hands of someone who is.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
the valcom 2000 will give you background music so you could replace the Radio shack speakers with Valcom horns

like Hal suggested the customer would be best served if you got someone involved who understood paging to evaluate the site. existing equipment and needs to come up with a cost effective solution

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
qoscs Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you both for your input!

Assuming I keep the valcom 2001-a (not 2000a as previously reported) and change out the speakers to valcom as well, can I safely hook up 3 horns (v-1036) along with 3 ceiling speakers (v-1020c)to the 2001a? Or will I need an amplifier regardless?

Thank you again!!!

Yup, either way you will have to replace the speakers. Which way you go depends on what you are doing and how much wattage you need from each speaker. So it's not as easy as you might think.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
valcom are self amplified so no amp needed, you will need to add a power supply the 2001 valcom tells you power needed on each horn/speaker

the 2001 provides 20 units 103c require 5 units so you wil need a addtinal power supply

v 1030c is what you would probably want , not the 1036c

its a matter of knowing whats required to cover the area in question ,what size power supply , where to mount the horns and how to wire/provide power

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
qoscs Offline OP
OP Offline
Gentlemen thank you again for your input. I have decided on:

v2001-a (20 VPU)
(3) 1030c (-18 VPU)
(3) 1020c (-3 VPU)

So that leave me -1 VPU total. Will another power supply be necessary for the 1 VPU? Or can I get by without it?

Thank you again.
Kevin

You will need an additional power supply.

-Hal

qoscs Offline OP
OP Offline
Thats what I figured. Thank you again.

Kevin

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,461 Shoretel
188,330 CTX100 install
187,093 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 131 guests, and 288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024