Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi All,
Am new to the forum.

I'm and end-user for an Avaya Partner II phone system, not sure if thats the phone system itself or the messaging portion of the system, nevertheless that is what i've learned we have.

I'm looking for advice on how to handle the following system message;

ReplaceSysBatw/PowerOn

I'm assuming that means to replace some system battery, like a CMOS battery of a computer? Nevertheless I don't want the programming to all the sudden get wiped out because of a power failure.

I don't have contract support for this phone system so I'm wondering if its a system battery that I can replace myself or if I have to bite the bullet and get a technician to replace it?

Thanks for any and all advice

Tom

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

You don't have a Partner II you have a Partner ACS. That message has nothing to do with the messaging system, it means that the memory backup batteries for the ACS are low. Unlike the Partner II the batteries are simply a couple of AAA Duracells that are easily replaced. There is a battery cover on the bottom front of the ACS processor. WITH POWER ON replace the batteries. The message on extensions 10 and 11 will go away.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
you have an ACS, look at your phone system, in the bottom of the middle slot you should see small cover between the cable holder , needs 2 AAA 's

There must be an echo in here.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
sorry to step on your parade, it seems your a faster at typing

That happens! smile

-Hal

Hi, I have a similar issue on similar equipment. I've replaced the batteries 2x but the system message persists (ReplaceSysBat). Avaya manual says to call their hotline if this happens but I'm out of service contract now about 5 years. Any thoughts/help appreciated.

Make sure the polarity of your batteries is correct, it's marked on the holder. If that's not it take a look in there with a flashlight for any corrosion on the spring contacts. Check the holder too. If you see any try cleaning it off with a ink eraser like on the end of a pen.

Beyond that you are looking at replacing the ACS.

-Hal

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
I have had some battery covers that you have to "play" with to get the error to clear.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,768
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,454 Shoretel
188,306 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, James D.), 122 guests, and 338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024