web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have a customer that wants to go full auto/att on their Legend with a Merlin Mail 6 port system. Problem is they have three off site locations they need to transfer to(the operator currently pushes a preprogrammed button that does a flash recall and then dials the outside number), and I'm not sure this can be automated with the voicemail. I know I can program "press 1" in the a/a to go to a specific extension that is externally forwarded, but is there a way to do this using the existing centrex? Any help would be appreciated.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
There is no Centrex transfer from the Auto Attendant on Merlin Mail. Centrex Forwarding of extensions wasn't added until Magix. So, you're stuck with forwarded extensions.

OP Offline
Kinda what I figured. Thanks.

Delved into this a bit more, the Legend Pocket Reference shows Centrex Forward was added in Release 6. So, if you're still there, it might be possible.

OP Offline
I can check it out today. Not sure what version software they are at. Is there a special feature code assigned for centrex forward I can try?

OP Offline
TTT, it's a Legend r4.2 v6.2

So, you'd need to download the translations, flash the processor to R7, convert the translations and restore them. Then you would be able to create phantom extensions that are Centrex Forwarded, and transfer from the Auto Attendant to the forwarded extensions.

OP Offline
Can you TTT or anyone else comment on this process of updating the processor to R7? Is it fairly straight forward and reliable? Any pitfalls? I've worked on Legends for years out of necessity, but we've never actively sold them as a company, and I've never had to do a software upgrade on one. My expertise lies with Samsung and Panasonic systems.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
There are lots of R7 Legend processors on the market. A processor replacement might be the easiest way to go. You will still need to download, convert and upload the translation files.

I Love FEATURE 00

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,317 CTX100 install
187,089 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
dexman 2
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 138 guests, and 356 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024