web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I ran into a problem on a Partner ACS R6 with a Partner mail VS R5
what happens is when a user presses the dnd on ext xx on their phone and another caller transfers a call to ext xx the call goes directly to voice mail as it should
when the auto attendant answers the call and does the same transfer the voice mail says transfering to the operator
when the ext xx does not have dnd on the auto attendant tranfer works fine rings the phone then automatic vms cover sends to mailbox
am i missing some thing in programming of the acs or vs?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

No, you aren't missing anything. The ACS R6 is a recent one or has been patched for the DST change, right? The R7 will do this too and it affects all Mail VSs. Avaya does have a patch available but it is only for the R5.

So you have two choices- you can patch the Mail VS R5 (if you can do it) or you can replace it. Actually there is a third choice that costs nothing- just don't use DND. That's the one that works for me.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
Hal
thanks for the information
I will give my customer the option if they want to replace the vs

rtp Offline
Hal,

I'm a new member who has been in the Telecom Field since 1971. I found your reply to
repairtech79 re: Partner Rel. 6&7 not transferring A/A calls to stations with DND buttons turned on, most accurate and helpful. I now avoid making any new installs with ACS 6/7
with VS mails. Too bad though, those VS mails sure are work horses.
Many Thanks.
RTP

techroy
Thanks for the compliment!

The VS certainly was a workhorse but they are getting old. The PVM card is in most ways functionally equivalent to those early Mail VSs. It was only with the last VS (R5) that it became real competition for the full functioned standalone Partner Mail R3.

I think if you compare prices, a new Partner Messaging is actually less money than what the Mail VS cost new back then.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,773
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,469 Shoretel
188,335 CTX100 install
187,097 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 174 guests, and 170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024