Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#9228 02/16/06 02:54 AM
JustBill,

Sec. NCI’s are formatted like this…

NN-LL-n/XXX/xx

* NN= (The first two digits) are the number of wire at the demark. 02= 2-wire interface, 04=4-wire interface.
* LL= (The 2nd two alpha characters) will indicate Protocol. This gets into the nuts-n-bolts of describing the signal (digital, analog or DC-signaling) to be expected.

Here are some high-runner examples:
CS= digital cross system
DA= Analog at a data level (13 Db down)
DC= DC current and/or voltage
DS= Digital rated term… for anything above 64 Kb DDS
DU= Digital Unit (64 Kb DDS and below)
DX= DX signaling
E?= (EA, EB, or EC) E&M signaling
GO= ground start OPEN end
GS= Ground start CLOSED (station) end
IS= ISDN BRI
LO= Loops start OPEN end (switch)
LS= Loop start CLOSED end (station)
NO= No signaling at voice level (0-8 Db)
RV= Reverse battery (trunks)

* n= Impudence code:
Most used:
2= 600 ohm AC impedance
3= 900 ohm AC impedance
5= 135 ohm AC impedance
9= 100 ohm AC impedance

* XXX (between the slashes) are protocol options… The can be used to modify or further explain the protocol. With up two three alpha numeric characters it’d would be impossible for me to try to list many but here one example of how it would work
04DU5/56_/-- .The DU tells ya it’s a DS0 rate digital the “56” would further explain that the customer wants a 56 Kb circuit.

* xx= TLP (transmission level point) Used to specify (if needed) what Db level is expected at the demarc. 1st character towards the network 2nd character toward the station/customer.

If you have a specific code you’d like to know what it means, let me know I’d be happy to decode it for ya!

-----------------------
Bryan
LEC Provisioning Engineer
Cars -n- Guitars Racin' (retired racer Oct.'07)
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#9229 02/16/06 03:10 AM
EV607797,
Well… I don’t think a LEC can use a different format. You may see some ckt id’s that are not even close to what I describe from Inter-exchange companies, interconnect providers and even some CLEC’s. Those will also be listed on demarc tags and if you’d call say VZ and try to give them say a Sprint ckt id (8 numeric characters only) they’re not going to be able to cross-reference it at all… Believe me, we have that SAME problem on this side of the demarc at times too.

As far as standardization goes… ‘Bout 4 years ago Telcordia (once was Bell-Core, now the GODs of Common Language coding) started a process to get all LEC’s RBOC or independents on the same page with our own dialects of telephone-ese. There are still “homegrown coding” with each company BUT that has been going away little by little over time.

Thanks, for the welcome… GO FAST TURN LEFT!!!

Thanks,
Bryan

-----------------------
Bryan
#9230 07/25/06 03:51 AM
Note to CnGRacin - do you have any kind of list that details the circuit id modifiers? I am working with all types of circuits (primarily ATM and frame relay) and would sure appreciate any list that tells me what type they are.

thanks,

#9231 07/25/06 06:00 AM
Originally posted by maria l:
Note to CnGRacin - do you have any kind of list that details the circuit id modifiers? I am working with all types of circuits (primarily ATM and frame relay) and would sure appreciate any list that tells me what type they are.

thanks,
No, I’m sorry I do not have a comprehensive list of those available. I did have a list at one time BUT they are listed out by circuit id service codes (3rd and 4th character) so, there was literally hundreds of pages. The service code modifiers (5th and 6th position) of the circuit ID mostly are used to identify billing info and things like % LATA usage. Not things I’m concerned with usually when engineering a circuit.

I’ll take a look around the office and see if I can find something that may help ya out… There’s some Telcordia Common Language stuff here that no one looks at… Maybe I can find something that you could use… BUT like I said the publication I was used in the past was formatted by every type of ckt id.

Also, let me ask this. Is “circuit id modifiers” really what you’re looking for? Take a circuit id like 27/XHGS/######/SW. “XH” indicates it’s a 56 Kb DDS. You want to be able to look up what the “G” and the “S” mean?

-----------------------
Bryan
#9232 07/25/06 07:56 AM
You'll get better answers in the "telephone service" area further down on this forum.

Joe
---
No trees were harmed as a result of this posting; however, many electrons were severely inconvenienced.
#9233 07/25/06 10:20 AM
Hey, found somethin' for ya... but like I said it's service code dependant. Here's the modifiers from fractional Frame Relay services:

QB FRAME RELAY - 512 KB 15-104 11E
Table 15-57 BLOCK 11E Modifiers
Modifier Definition
XE Customer reconfigurable.
XQ LAN.
XR Service restoration.
XS Customer/provider interface.
XU ONA/unbundled.
XX No further parameters required.
XZ Official company service (for internal use only - not to be passed between trading
partners).
YE Interstate jurisdiction: Customer reconfigurable.
YQ Interstate jurisdiction: LAN.
YR Interstate jurisdiction: Service restoration.
YS Interstate jurisdiction: Customer/provider interface.
YU Interstate jurisdiction: ONA/unbundled.
YX Interstate jurisdiction.
YZ Interstate jurisdiction: Official company service (for internal use only - not to be
passed between trading partners).

You may want to do an internal company search or internet search or BellCore Reference # BR-792-402-100. The version I have is 499 pages long. :scratch:

-----------------------
Bryan
#9234 07/25/06 12:43 PM
You da Man CnG ! smile :toast:

Let It Be , I live in a Yellow Submarine . SCCE
#9235 07/25/06 01:41 PM
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Nice work--all you guys!! This is good info. Good question, Jeff.

#9236 07/25/06 04:14 PM
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Wow, and I thought that I was smart by figuring out the fact that the first two digits of the circuit ID were the last two digits of the LATA. I knew about the XHGS being a T1 (a Verizon friend of mine told me this meant "extra high grade of service"). I believed him. I suppose we never stop learning.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
#9237 07/25/06 04:20 PM
OP Offline
ok heres one i dont know...what is T1ZF?
someone told me that X can also mean it is an IXC circuit...

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,459 Shoretel
188,321 CTX100 install
187,092 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024