Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#92660 02/04/09 04:29 AM
OP Offline
Hi Folks!

Well, the time has come and I am having to relegate the 1A2 system to my office with the cordboard. The family wants caller-id, and that would be difficult to implement with the 1A2.

So I pulled out the Legend system from storage along with several MLX-10D phones.

I purchases a 408-GS/LS ID-MLX card and installed it in the system. All I get is "No Caller ID" on the phones.

So, after a little research it appears that in order to get caller id I need to be at R7.

My system is a CKE4 processor card running Legend R6.1 V11.0.

Here is my question:

If I upgrade the software to R7.0 I will get Caller-ID, but just single line.

If I upgrade to Magix I will get 2 line Caller-ID.

Am I correct with this?? Also, if I find a Magix Processor on the E place can I install it in a clamshell in the Legend?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jim

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

A Magix processor can go in a clamshell using a Legend carrier.

Both the Legend and Magix only display one line of caller id. I know with the Magix, you can setup a button or dial a feature code to toggle between caller id name and number but it will only show one of the other at a time. The Legend may have the same feature, but I can't remember.

If you want both name and number on the display, your Avaya options are Partner ACS, or IP Office.

RIP Moderator
RIP Moderator
Well, that's not exactly true.

The later releases of Magix can display caller id with both name and number, without using the TOGGLE.

This can be verified by reading the POCKET REFERENCE for Magix R3.0 & Earlier at this location:

https://support.avaya.com/japple/cs...p;temp.bucketID=160257&PAGE=Document

RULE NUMBER 2, "THINKIN' WON'T GET IT, YOU GOTTA KNOW!" RULE NUMBER 3, if you need TIER-3 SUPPORT on a LEGEND or MAGIX, go to http://home.comcast.net/~merlinman -
OP Offline
Thanks guys.

You confirmed what I thought. I think I will go with the Magix processor if I can find one and put it in a clam shell.

So, Merlinman, asI get a Magix 3.0 or greater I should be able to get two line caller id?

Thanks
Jim

OP Offline
Merlinman

I managed to get a Magix R4.0 CKE5 processor. I purchased a clamshell.

When I got both of them I discovered a problem. It appears that there must be two different clamshells. The processor does not fit in the clamshell I have.

I can put the processor in without the clamshell and the front cable guide hangs lower than the other Legend modules.

Is there another clamshell?

Any help would be appreciated.

Jim

There is clamhell for Magix Processor and clamshell for regular Magix cards.

You guessed correctly...a distinctly different clamshell is needed for the Magix processor blade. The seller obviously grabbed the wrong one for you.

[Linked Image from inlinethumb39.webshots.com]

Notice how the processor blade appears to "hang" lower than the other modules.

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein
OP Offline
OK, the clamshell thing makes sense. Just not sure how to order the right one.

However, I am still having issues with the Caller-ID.

The first setup was:

Slot 0: Legend Processor CKE4
Hdw Vintage: 00
Legend 6.1 V11.0
Slot 1: 408 GS/LS-ID-MLX
408 GLM-U
Hdw Vintage: 11
Fwr Vintage: 42
App Vintage: 27

Set all lines to Loop Start. Does not want to allow me to set LS-ID Delay.

When I call into the system from my cell phone or another line it displays "OUTSIDE NO CALLER ID".

So I upgraded (put the Magix Processor in, without clamshell)

Slot 0: Legend Processor CKE5
Hdw Vintage: 02
Magix 4.0 V7.0
Slot 1: 408 GS/LS-ID-MLX
408 GLM-U
Hdw Vintage: 11
Fwr Vintage: 42
App Vintage: 27

I set the lines to Loop Start. I was able to LS-ID Delay (made no difference).

When I call into the system all it displays is "OUTSIDE" never displays anything about Caller ID.

The two lines I am trying to connect to the system are Vonage lines and they are displaying caller id when connected to a regular phone.

I am very baffled about what I am doing wrong.

Please, know I am not doing this for a business, this is for my house, so any help you guys can give I would greatly appreciate.

Thanks
Jim

Hello Jim,
I am not sure that Vonage will deliver proper signaling for CID used by Magix vs any POTS lines provider, second is you have to remember that CID comes only between 1st and 2nd rings. So make sure you are not picking up earlier then second ring and the third is there no special settings for CID required.

OP Offline
Vad60

I wondered about the CID from vonage myself, but as I said it shows up on a regular phone.

I let it ring until it goes to VM and it never shows up. Further, I believe the LS ID delay is designed to account for the delay show it shows up.

What confuses me is that with the Legend processor it shows No Caller ID, but with the Magix processor it shows nothing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,765
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,446 Shoretel
188,305 CTX100 install
187,082 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (aweaver, Professor Shadow), 160 guests, and 284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024