Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#92886 02/18/09 04:42 AM
OP Offline
I have a problem with some phones getting error messages and not working. The only phones this is happening to are the ones that are way out in a warehouse 1000ft or more away. The system is maxed out and has as many 18D's allowed. Are these phones not getting enough power? Any suggestions on how we can fix this. Thank you.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Error messages??

The distance could be a factor although it would depend on what gauge wire was used and other things. Normally the problem would be that the phone would not work, no display or LEDs. It wouldn't be an intermittent problem.

As far as the number of 18D, they all can be 18D's. The only problem I have ever heard of is with a system loaded with 34D's with 012's.

So I suspect you have other problems.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Is this on a Partner System or a Legend? I've had problems with a large number of Partner phones connected to 012 mods on a Legend. Are they Avaya manufactured or gray market?

<Larry>

Larry

Authorized Avaya Business Partner
OP Offline
It is mostly new cat5 cable on a Partner system. I just changed out the 308's to 012's to add more extensions and this is when the trouble started. It is very intermittent and only on the phones that are way out there.

You shouldn't have used CAT5 because the tight twists add even more to the length. What I would do is double up the pairs-

wh/bl+wh/g
bl/wh+g/wh

wh/or+wh/br
or/wh+br/wh

Of course this assumes one 4 pair cable per extension.

What Partner and release is this and what is the configuration? How many extensions, lines and is there a messaging system?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Do you have some 18 button no-display phones you could put in place on the 18-D's that are way out there?

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
I'm wondering what kind of error messages he is getting. Partner doesn't give error messages.

-Hal

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Here is a quote out of the Quick Reference Guide:

The power supply used in the 012E module is adequate to power the 12 ETR ports under normal conditions. However, if too many large Partner telephones (such as the Partner-34D) are off-hook with speakerphone volume set to high levels, the power supply could be overloaded. Power management of the 012E module eliminates the power supply overload.

When a power threshold is exceeded, all telephones connected to the 012E module will appear as follows:
LED display dims to a minimal level
Speakerphone volume is decreased

To clear this condition, place one of the telephones connected to the 012E module on-hook. The LED display and speakerphone volume on all telephones return to normal. If this power management event occurs frequently, you should consider moving some telephones to available ports on other modules.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
OP Offline
Partner ACS R6. The display just says Error. Thanks for the tips. I was thinking of trying analog phones out there to see if that solves it.

Partner ACS R6. The display just says Error.

Well, that's a new one on me. Only time I've seen "Error" is when programming incorrectly.

-Hal

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,793
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,173 Shoretel
188,992 CTX100 install
187,379 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 111 guests, and 419 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024