web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
TapIt has been recommended to me as a better choice than Avaya's software. I contacted TriSys regarding their software and explained that we are wanting to know Number of calls taken per CSR, amount of time spent on call, etc...We also NEED to know how long the call was in queue before being answered or the customer hangs up. Mark at TriSys explained that the Avaya IP Office 406 does not log or track queue time and stated that we would need to either get the CCC software from Avaya that DOES track it or we would need to contact Avaya (or our rep) on how to enable this queue time tracking to allow it to be included in the SMDR reports. Question #1, do you know how to activiate queue time tracking (or is it already enabled)? Separately, Mark also told me that we do not need Delta Server as the IPOffice can send SMDR information directly to the TapIt software. I looked and did locate a setting in the Manager software to configure SMDR outputs to an IP address. Would we still need Delta server then?
I hope I have not used up my quota of support posts. This site is more helpful than our Avaya rep !

THanks

AP

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

If I recall, you only need to use Delta Server for CCC. Although, even if you don't use CCC, Deleta server provides quite a bit of information that isn't included in System Status about the system. It's an excellent tool for on the spot checking.
I'm sorry to say I do not know the answer to the question about the queue time tracking.

Andy Ellis
I have a customer who needs the very same information. They use Tapit with their Magix R4V7 and (after I changed the appropriate PBX settings) they are able to sucessfully track that stuff.

The point of the story is that Tapit--right out of the box--WILL give you the reports you're looking for provided that the IPO's SMDR interface will puke it out. Given that the Magix outputs said info, it's hard for me to imagine that the IPO wouldn't as well.

I've got a contact that's pretty good with this stuff. I'll pick his brains about exactly how IPO does this before posting back.

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein
Direct quote from IP Office Docs:
"From Release 4.2 onwards, IP Office can output SMDR events directly as well as through a separate Windows service included in the IP Office Delta Server application. To generate SMDR events directly, choose SMDR from the System | CDR/SMDR tab in Manager."
There are several formats available to choose from. I'm not sure if any of them include queue time.
Turn this on. Capture a few records. Send it to TriSys.
Also, Delta Server does have the option to output to a file. I'm guessing here, but maybe Delta Server has a few hardcoded bits of info not available to CDR/SMDR.

Andy Ellis

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (BobRobert, Curlycord), 115 guests, and 243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024